Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam from myself

Options
  • 14-12-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hello
    In last couple of months ive been receiving spam that makes it looks like im sending to myself demanding i pay bitcoin to some account or they would send videos to all my contacts.
    I know these are spam and theres not much to worry about or nothing much i can do.
    The things i am wondering about are how is this spammer sending an email to me that has my address in both the to and from fields.
    The other thing that worrys me a small bit is and email saying Your password is ***** and the password would be the first half of one or two of my passwords.

Anyone receiving similar emails or can shed some light on this or has my email been hacked.
    Thanking You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Basically, it's really easy to fake the 'from' field in emails so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

For the password bit, check here to see what breaches your email address has been involved in. Based on that, you'll be able to tell what password(s) are compromised and change all sites/accounts that use those passwords.

Advertisement