Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Options
  • 13-12-2018 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

January doesn't look like it's going ahead, due to numbers. Next one has been confirmed for April.

I'm from June 2017, so hoping I'm called up for this one.

It's only 15 weeks, here's hoping time will go fast.

What competition are you from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Car2

Jan 16. Feels like a lifetime ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Joda96

September 16. Painful wait haha, passed second medical today as my first one expired.

Two PCT's and two medicals done myself. Vetting was endless

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

June '17 also. Vetting outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

June 17 just waiting to be signed off . Medical done last february so gonna need to repeat one soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

Car2 wrote: »
    Two PCT's and two medicals done myself. Vetting was endless

That is crazy... do you have family abroad?

AniaSz wrote: »
    June 17 just waiting to be signed off . Medical done last february so gonna need to repeat one soon

I am the same, however my medical was in May, so hoping I get taken in for April

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    June '17 also. Vetting outstanding.

Family abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

paddyCPW wrote: »
    Family abroad?

Nope non of them abroad, smallish enough family too. Iv never lived abroad myself either. I'll have to repeat my medical in the new year too.

I lived abroad for a year and have family in the uk so I'm suspecting that's why mines taking so long. Strange for the rest of yas though... The whole process is banjoed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Joda96 wrote: »
    I lived abroad for a year and have family in the uk so I'm suspecting that's why mines taking so long. Strange for the rest of yas though... The whole process is banjoed

Anyone from sept 16 waiting and haven't heard anything about 2nd medical and fitness due to expiring? As the lads have lads have re done them

twoblub wrote: »
    Anyone from sept 16 waiting and haven't heard anything about 2nd medical and fitness due to expiring? As the lads have lads have re done them

It was just over 18 months since I did my first medical if that's any help. Got about 3 weeks notice for this one and I heard today that there's more in mid January so you might hear something soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dumbo123

I applied in June 17. Everything passed.Vetting cleared and waiting on final sign off.

That is crazy... do you have family abroad?
    Yes, Myself and my wife have family abroad. The UK, USA, Spain and Mauritius.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

Jan 2016 myself . Waiting on sign off . But haven’t heard anything about 2nd medical/fitness .

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

From June 2017. Waiting on sign off here’s hoping for April.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

From June 2017. Waiting on sign off here’s hoping for April.

Same as myself. Do you get an email notification of sign off or would you just receive an email/letter accepted or not accepted in March say?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Letsdoit wrote: »
    Same as myself. Do you get an email notification of sign off or would you just receive an email/letter accepted or not accepted in March say?

I’m not sure but it’s somerhing I’d like to know too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You won't get any word between now and March, you'll get the email offering you a place in mid March and that'll be it. No notice of your vetting being done or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GLdeC

June 17, vetting still outstanding. Fingers crossed we get a place in the next class. Best of luck to you all.

• Advertisement

What would the general time frame be in March/April with regard getting notification of acceptance and induction week etc. Usually 2nd week of March acceptance, 2nd week of April Induction, start training 1st week April? Assuming April will happen.

What would the general time frame be in March/April with regard getting notification of acceptance and induction week etc. Usually 2nd week of March acceptance, 2nd week of April Induction, start training 1st week April? Assuming April will happen.

Yeah that seems about right. Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 c8bv3i20ndpz7l

where did all you guys come in the process. as in order of merit? Does that matter for recruitment. By the sounds of things everyone who applied this summer will have to wait a long time???

where did all you guys come in the process. as in order of merit? Does that matter for recruitment. By the sounds of things everyone who applied this summer will have to wait a long time???

It's not really based on OOM (order of merit)

Let me explain,

If two candidates were waiting on an offer and one has OOM of 400 and the other OOM is 800, but the vetting is still not completed for OOM 400 and the candidate with OOM 800 has there vetting completed, they will most likely be offered a place before candidate with OOM 400.

Hope this helps.

Correct second week of March/Start of third week

Forgot to mention I know people who had PCT in July and they were from June 17 and most of them got offers for October. Remember the January intake was pushed back to April because they don't have enough candidates for it to go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 c8bv3i20ndpz7l

great thanks, most of the 2018 batch haven't had our medical or physical yet so we'll be waiting until summer 2019 at least

great thanks, most of the 2018 batch haven't had our medical or physical yet so we'll be waiting until summer 2019 at least

PCT for 2018, will start in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Forgot to mention I know people who had PCT in July and they were from June 17 and most of them got offers for October. Remember the January intake was pushed back to April because they don't have enough candidates for it to go ahead.

Don’t think it’s because they didn’t have enough candidates. They’re trying to save money to use else where according to this...

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/garda-commissioner-drew-harris-cuts-13725316

• Advertisement

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    Don’t think it’s because they didn’t have enough candidates. They’re trying to save money to use else where according to this...

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/garda-commissioner-drew-harris-cuts-13725316

Trainer in Templemore informed me there wasn't enough candidates for a January intake.

There not going to come out and say there isn't enough candidates for intakes.

Advertisement