Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Alone in concert

• 13-11-2019 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard on the radio this morning that Home Alone will be screened in the Dublin convention centre with a live band on December 1. Thought to myself that would be a nice treat for the family.

Oh my sweet lord, the prices are scandalous. First of all it’s on sale on ticketmaster and I was only finding tickets at €65.20 each! :eek: Then I tried to find a family ticket and thats bloody impossible on their new website. Got there eventually though. €32.55 for each of the kids!:eek:

Well I already know we aren’t going but I throw the tickets into the basket for the craic, so in total for a family of 5 it is coming out at €255, includes €27 ticketmaster charges...... for an afternoon bloody movie! Good luck to that.

Is there anyone daft enough to pay these extortionate prices? I’ve a feeling there will be plenty of empty seats at this one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭El Duda

I've been to see Jaws, Star Wars & Jurassic Park in Concert and have tickets for Bladerunner next year. £60-70 is pretty standard really.

You're paying to go and see a top class orchestra live. It's not a cheap production at all. You should compare it to going to see a musical, not going to the cinema.

My experience with these events is that the acoustics of the venue are key. Jaws I saw in Manchester apollo and the sound of the film was awful. Star Wars was at the Royal Albert Hall and was fantastic but our seats were quite far back. Jurassic park I saw in B'ham symphony hall and it was by far the best. The sound of the movie was like being in the cinema, the orchestra sounded incredible.

Worth noting that the orchestra itself has always sounded really good in all venues. It was only Jaws that had major sound issues.

Advertisement