Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotel cancelled booking?

• 10-11-2019 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

I booked a hotel in Italy via their website - however the hotel have now cancelled saying that the price given was an error on the website (the offer was for the winter only and not high season).

But I also booked flights after I received a confirmation email from the hotel.

Anything I can do (other than book another hotel)?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭dennyk

Practically speaking, you'll probably need to rebook your accommodations (whether at that hotel or at another). You could pursue the matter in court against the hotel in question, but it will probably take quite a while to resolve, and the odds of success aren't necessarily high. It would come down to whether the price was a genuine error (as opposed to some deliberate bait-and-switch tactic), how much lower the advertised price was, and how long it took the hotel to notice and correct the error. If the incorrect price was so low that a reasonable customer should have good reason to believe it was a mistake, or if the hotel cancelled your booking right away and immediately corrected the price on their site so that it is no longer being advertised for the erroneous rate, that would tend to tilt things in their favour and would make it less likely that you'd be successful in pursuing the matter.

Before rebooking, you may want to ring the hotel and discuss things with a manager; just be polite, but explain the situation and how the hotel's mistake has made things difficult for you, and see if there's anything they can do to help you. While you probably won't get the off-season rate, you might be able to get some sort of discount or free upgrade or something from them for your trouble. If that doesn't work, you could try contacting them via social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and stating your case; that sometimes gets better results, as companies don't like the negative publicity that comes from such posts if they go unanswered or unresolved.

Advertisement