Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many guns

Options
  • 10-11-2018 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Am I right in thinking that once I go over 4 guns I need a monitored alarm? I currently have an alarm fitted that I pay a third party for each year but that’s only to top up credit I’d imagine as all it does is text me. I’d like to add another gun but I don’t want to be paying out another monthly bill for a true monitored alarm as I reckon it’s a waste of time as the guards wouldn’t get to my place any faster than 30 mins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Kran wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that once I go over 4 guns I need a monitored alarm? I currently have an alarm fitted that I pay a third party for each year but that’s only to top up credit I’d imagine as all it does is text me. I’d like to add another gun but I don’t want to be paying out another monthly bill for a true monitored alarm as I reckon it’s a waste of time as the guards wouldn’t get to my place any faster than 30 mins.

I'm in the exact same position, have 4 and have just applied for my 5th. Once you have 6 or above its mandatory you have a monitored alarm, but at the end of the day the super can request you have one no matter the amount of guns you have

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Our local Super has stipulated a monitered alarm because a 4th gun has been applied for.
    It's his call how stringent your security is, the published guidelines are the "minimum" level.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

It also has to be either over GSM or use GSM as a back up to landline.

So you'll be paying a couple hundred for monitoring and another €80-100 for GSM.

I've always had it regardless of firearms so luckily it wasn't an additional expense.

The alarm shall be connected to a monitoring service, operated by a person licensed by the Private Security Authority, and supported with GSM Mobile telephone service back up signalling facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

PSXDupe wrote: »
    It also has to be either over GSM or use GSM as a back up to landline.

So you'll be paying a couple hundred for monitoring and another €80-100 for GSM.

I've always had it regardless of firearms so luckily it wasn't an additional expense.

The alarm shall be connected to a monitoring service, operated by a person licensed by the Private Security Authority, and supported with GSM Mobile telephone service back up signalling facilities.
    Is it phone watch your with, how much per annum does it work out roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

I wouldn't use Phone Watch if they were the last monitoring company on the planet. People I know have had bad experiences with them

I have a HKC 1070 Panel installed, all doors and windows are wired connectors, safes all have wireless sensors in them. And I use Group 4 Security for monitoring.

I don't know how much it would normally cost as my mate owns a security company and does me a good deal on monitoring etc.

I would say you'd be looking at €240-300 per year.

The HKC panels are good panel, anti-jamming and heartbeath technology. Plus you have full alarm control from you mobile device. I can get into full programming of the alarm straight from my phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement