Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Florida Yoga Attack

Options
  • 04-11-2018 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

So another attack carried out by a woman hating incel in America. This guy has cited Elliot Rodger as his inspiration. He was also a racist.

This problem seems to be getting worse and worse as these guys get radicalised on the internet. On After Hours you have threads running for months and months about hating female Irish celebrities but none for any men. We had this Eoin Berkely scumbag sentenced this week.

I think it's a problem that's only getting worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/02/tallahassee-florida-yoga-shooting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

BoneIdol wrote: »
    So another attack carried out by a woman hating incel in America. This guy has cited Elliot Rodger as his inspiration. He was also a racist.

This problem seems to be getting worse and worse as these guys get radicalised on the internet. On After Hours you have threads running for months and months about hating female Irish celebrities but none for any men. We had this Eoin Berkely scumbag sentenced this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/02/tallahassee-florida-yoga-shooting

Your post is like a madman's ****e , all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Read any thread about u2....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

. On After Hours you have threads running for months and months about hating female Irish celebrities but none for any men.

Eh...yeah we do :

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057861371

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

So don't start a sentence with so.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Word of the day is incel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Fcukwits like these guys will always find inspiration and justifications for their behaviour. The problem isn’t with the Internet, it’s entirely with the individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

He'll do a long stretch for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

this is the safest, most prosperous and healthiest time in human history.

you should wake up every morning feeling like you've won the lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since none of us were around during the black plague we kinda have nothing to compare to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

biko wrote: »
    Since none of us were around during the black plague we kinda have nothing to compare to.
    I'll hazard a guess that now is better than then

• Advertisement

You are upsetting yourself with some delusion that the world is getting worse, when it is constantly getting better.

I can't believe this still needs to be told to people. It's not getting worse; You just have more access to the bad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

On After Hours you have threads running for months and months about hating female Irish celebrities but none for any men.

Ray D'Arcy is a cunt. How's that for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

whiskeyman wrote: »
    He'll do a long stretch for that...

Yeah, but will he reflect on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I don't like Ryan tubridy and think Vogue Williams is alright, hopefully this can go some way to bringing some equality to AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

On After Hours you have threads running for months and months about hating female Irish celebrities
    One I don't get is Kathryn Thomas - the venom! I bet they can think of literally no actual reason why they hate her. Bizarre aggression towards Vogue Williams too. Bandwagoners gonna bandwagon though.

But this incel thing does seem to be growing worse - don't know how there are grounds to deny that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I bet I wasn't the only person who read the thread title and immediately thought of streetfighter2.

Advertisement