Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sinead O'Connor does a Cat Stevens

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Might be a dumb question but why the name change ?
    Cant Sinead just be Muslim without a new identity ?
    To convert you have to take a Muslim name.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

In other news I see Sinead O'Connor has converted to Islam, apparently its "the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey. All scripture study leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant"

She'd better be careful which pictures she rips up if things dont work out.

Boom boom.
    KaneToad wrote: »
    Catholicism...
    Tridentine...
    Rastafarian...
    Islam...

What did poor old Judaism ever do to her?

She should really have tried Hinduism, Sikhism, Judaism, Shintoism, basically all the isms before islam.
    It is last stop and you can never leave.

Actually she is well suited to that religion what with all the other mentally ill members that pop up all over the place.

Speaking of Khalid Kelly, I only only hope she doesn't go down the same path and do something really stupid, that hurts other people and not just herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

She should have joined the circus years ago the clown.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Attention seeker to the highest order.

On to every watchlist she goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

..maybe if she'd stuck with catholicism and not tore up the pope's picture she might have some peace by now..

stuck with a religion that harbours child molesters?? she maybe barmy but she's not that barmy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

She should have just moved to a country that gets a decent amount of sunshine in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Sand wrote: »
    It'll be more fun when she tries to quit and convert to another religion of the month later.

I shuhada to think what might happen to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 iwilldare

Nothing compares to Yu...ssef

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

What she needs is a good kick in the hole.

Yup, that's just what someone with immense musical talent who has had obvious mental health issues from her teenage years and has displayed suicidal tendencies in recent years needs.

A good kick in the hole.

This country sometimes, seriously...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,032 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Yup, that's just what someone with immense musical talent who has had obvious mental health issues from her teenage years and has displayed suicidal tendencies in recent years needs.

A good kick in the hole.

This country sometimes, seriously...

I'll have you know that it has been scientifically proven that a good boot up the hole will solve most of life's problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I'll have you know that it has been scientifically proven that a good boot up the hole will solve most of life's problems.

What defines a "good boot" what happens if you get a bad boot up the hole?
    Have you still got a boot lodged in yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

For folk like Margaret Cash? yes.

Talented people or people in general with a history of mental health issues? not so much.

Attention whores?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No boot would ever solve the problem of the US being run by your namesake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

fryup wrote: »
    stuck with a religion that harbours child molesters?? she maybe barmy but she's not that barmy

She will be safer in a religion that sanctions girls of 12 getting married and that says it's OK to be a suicide Bomber and be let loose on 78 virgins

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

better off without any religion

• Registered Users Posts: 19,032 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

What defines a "good boot" what happens if you get a bad boot up the hole?
    Have you still got a boot lodged in yours?

No, never had one. It's not normal to have one, but if you've always had one up there yourself you might have assumed that everyone else has one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Folks isn't that the last thing we need, another convert to islam with suicidal tendencies :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sand wrote: »
    It'll be more fun when she tries to quit and convert to another religion of the month later.

This is definitely something she can just walk back on once the "She's So Brave." headlines wear off. She posted a video of her singing the call to prayer. Definitely not something she can swear off and just move one to the next cool Leftie thing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Interesting that someone that spent so much time mocking and attacking the Catholic Church, converts to Islam. Hypocrite much. But I guess it's fashionable to attack Catholics now and praise Islam for the liberals. Wonder does she live with any of her children, hopefully their fathers will mind them. I bet her children are cringing big time and extremely worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Interesting that someone that spent so much time mocking and attacking the Catholic Church, converts to Islam. Hypocrite much. But I guess it's fashionable to attack Catholics now and praise Islam for the liberals. Wonder does she live with any of her children, hopefully their fathers will mind them. I bet her children are cringing big time and extremely worried.

:eek::eek::eek:
    What the **** has sinead o'connor converting to islam got to do with anyone holding liberal political beliefs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

What the **** has sinead o'connor converting to islam got to do with anyone holding liberal political beliefs?
    Check out the username. Without further evidence, I assume he's trolling.

That poor lady has suffered devastating mental illness all her life, it's hard to even think of the torment that has blighted her life. I hope it's a decision made rationally and not while she was struggling. I wish her happiness, she deserves a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Wish her all the best. Amazing voice as can be heard here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbre5Fs9m8I&list=RDwbre5Fs9m8I&start_radio=1

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Sober Too

Maybe its about time Sinead/Magda/Shuhada Davitt joined the Hare Krishna`s , she had the haircut for it at one time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Cato the Elder

Who cares. It really doesn't matter to anyone, as weird as it is.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage must be destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gw80

Who cares. It really doesn't matter to anyone, as weird as it is.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage must be destroyed.
    Is that you scipio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The Liberals are the ones praising and defending Islam at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

gw80 wrote: »
    Is that you scipio?

Marcus Porcius Cato the Elder I think you mean.

Advertisement