Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposals to reform Property Tax Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

listermint wrote: »
    Yes you can. Because those very same people have all the services.

Being a dub myself and recently moved out of Dublin it's gas to think they're are Dubliners who seem to think Dublin isn't being serviced at a cost to rural ireland.

Most of the money goes straight back to Dublin. Not somewhere else. And yes you should pay for such access. That's the nature of a city.

You're way off there Listermint, in terms of income tax, corporation tax, capital gains and VAT, Dublin pays 55pc of the total country with only having 28pc of the population!

In 21 counties, households receive more benifits than they pay in tax in the aggregate! Shocking stuff. The exceptions are Dublin, three of its adjoining counties, that's Kildare, Meath and Wicklow and Kilkenny and Cork. The economic powers that make the money for the rest of the country. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Idbatterim wrote:
    And then those spineless shower in government now, who wont criticise or open their mouth on anything, for fear of offending anyone!

To be clear, FG tried to hold on to the fair principle of water charges based on usage, but it was FF who were spineless for fear of being seen as less populist than SF.

Plenty of money available to spend on alcohol though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

To be clear, FG tried to hold on to the fair principle of water charges based on usage, but it was FF who were spineless for fear of being seen as less populist than SF.

Plenty of money available to spend on alcohol though.

absolutely true and I agree, was just saying water charges are dead and buried and they shouldnt be in my opinion. But that wont be touched again, thats for sure, barring another economic disaster and another bailout, where the the IMF etc, said they would cut lending, unless they actually were implemented this time!

was just on the journal, article below, discussing this issue, another poster posted this, i posted similar on another thread yesterday, cannot be arsed, constantly writing out the same point multiple times, so just going to quote the post!
    I despair for this country. People are so dumb.

The Property Tax was a fudge. It should have been a Site Value Tax. Everyone who knows anything about the subject agreed on that now.

But the Property Tax was introduced and an important aspect of it was that it was that it was 0.18% of the value of the property. This meant that higher value houses paid more property tax.

If a property was worth 300k in 2013 the owner paid €560. Since then Dublin properties have increased by 10% every year, a total of €200,000 but the beneficiaries of that massive increase in wealth want to worm out of paying an extra €360?

What the fu*k? Wake up.

Advertisement