Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People's Photography

Options
  • 18-08-2016 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭

Anybody else getting excited about PP? :D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Just printed my stuff earlier this week and it's gone off for mounting :-) Looks like the missus is recycling hers from last year :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have extended my stay here so will be able to take part this year. Have had to look for some images to show. Will not be able to mount them so will just hang the prints. Was not planning on this so needed to get some prints made in a hurry. If it was to be high quality work I would have gone to 360dpi but I am looking on this as being more "disposable" and have ordered them online. They are due to be delivered next Tuesday (good lord willing and the creek don't rise)

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dalcassian

I am exhibiting photographs I took of Dublin Public Houses during the 1980s at this year’s Peoples Photographic Exhibition on the 27th / 28th August. Many of these pubs have either disappeared completely while others have changed over the years. Among those on display could be your very own favourite pub as it was back in the 1980s.
    My location will be on the East side of St Stephen’s Green at space number E20. I will be there on both days so please do come along and enjoy the show. Joe O’Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

My old printer (Epson 3880) died at the end of April. I haven't printed a single image since then.

My new printer (Epson SC-P800) arrived today. I've taken tomorrow off work (and half of Friday).

I have to install the printer, download the paper profiles (must check I've enough paper, right size and type - possibly buy more), select, print and mount my images.

And I'm loving it! I must be a masochist :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I was quite pleased with the delivery speed of my prints. They were less than €2 each for 8x12 prints. Some did not come up as well as I would expect from my usual printer but that is at a higher price and there is individual care taken. These would be very automated and so some images will suffer. One which is really only in the red channel has lost all contrast, so I will not put it up.

• Advertisement

It's a great day here today.

Really good to take part again.

A couple of shots from today.

395515.jpg

395516.jpg

Advertisement