Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abandoned places in Dublin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Saladyn

Google maps are telling nothing about closed places.

Here is a sat photo from google maps:

abandoneds.jpg

Here is a photo taken from the gym at National Aquatic Centre - building is past the parking and hill:

fotai.jpg

there is some sort of a tower there and google maps are showing a patch of sand or dirt nearby.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Saladyn wrote: »
    So is it vet research or powerstation?

Powerstation. My bad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dstorm

Im very new to photography I have visited a few places with my canon powershot g10 but have upgraded to the nikon d7000, if anyway was interested in doing some photography maybe showing me a few things I would be extremely great-full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

From what I have heard, it was not a power station but a place that they burned peat to heat the water for the hospital. Anyway heres some recent enough photos of the place:

http://pix.ie/kamacan/album/453735

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

anyone know what that large abandoned (?) area between grangegorman lower and the phibsborough bus depot in north dublin is or was? some major old buildings there…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Abandoned places in Dublin...Leinster House for the summer............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Hi, I'm new to this site and i'm just wondering does anyone know of any good sites where i can find pictures of abandoned places in the Dublin area. I'm a photography student looking to get some pictures of derelict places but its hard to find any.....Any help would be appreciated!

try taking both Luas lines for the day, there's a few unfinished structures around Sandyford / Citywest

Best of luck & enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Sleipnir wrote: »

Does he not produce pictures that actually look like what is in the building? The Bolands ones are so morphed they are useless as a record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

He does. You just didn't look very hard. Those morphed ones are pretty bad alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

whats the name of that large wide open abandoned factory in dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Interesting (not meant to scare) article; Urbex Photographer Threatened with a 15K Euro Fine and Jail Time After Run In With Authorities.
    link

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chris1089

I hv been exploring a few abandoned places in the past month and I ran out of ideas.Is there any good abandoned places in or around Dublin thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

malene wrote: »
    whats the name of that large wide open abandoned factory in dublin?

I've never heard of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Resurrecting an old thread (sorry, I'll only do it once.) to find out if anyone is still doing this around the Dublin area? Looking for a new photographic challenge and this style has always fascinated me.

Advertisement