Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harbour Guns

Options
  • 30-10-2018 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Guys I have a number for Brian Conroy, but cant seem to get through on it.
    Is he only available to contact on Saturdays or using a different number now ?
    I'm looking for 2 mags for a Hammerli xesse, if anyone can help.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Captainaxiom

Rarely (hens teeth rare) answers it during the week. You can really only get them on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Pkiernan wrote: »

He cant really legally purchase those unless riflemags uk restrict them to 5 rounds. otherwise he would be importing restricted mags with an unrestricted licence as retarded as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

juice1304 wrote: »
    He cant really legally purchase those unless riflemags uk restrict them to 5 rounds. otherwise he would be importing restricted mags with an unrestricted licence as retarded as it is.

Good point. I forgot about our stupid rules. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I believe he can bring them in as he is a restricted firearms dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I had assumed that it would only be illegal when inserted into a gun or if loaded by someone that has no restricted license. It never occurred to me that simple possession would in itself be an offense.

I had limited the capacity of my own shotgun in the past (so as to comply with my license) and during disassembly for cleaning it would be capable of holding 4 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jb88

I have tried to purchase other magazines from this website and been unable to for some reason they had a restriction on purchasing from Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

jb88 wrote: »
    I have tried to purchase other magazines from this website and been unable to for some reason they had a restriction on purchasing from Ireland

I have asked several shooting supplies places in the Uk about buying stuff as varied as stock oil, or a barrel to rebarrel my rifle, all legally, nothing dodgy. They are not interested, its just too much hassle for the money they make.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

I bought magazines from them earlier this year with no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

one of the good things about living in the wilds of Donegal is I can get parts sent to RFD in the North, no hassle with the UK dealers once they can send it to the North, RFD to RFD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Use parcel motel or an post address pal. Obviously make sure you have all documentation in order and comply with all relevant legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

MY understanding of 10 round pistol mags is....
    You can have them and they are only illegal when inserted into the pistol (unless restricted to 5 rounds)

Parcel Motel is your friend if you want certain items sent you from the UK.
    Not illegal to have mags if you have the license for the pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

Email Brian is better than phone during the week (almost anytime come to that)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

clivej wrote: »
    MY understanding of 10 round pistol mags is....
    You can have them and they are only illegal when inserted into the pistol (unless restricted to 5 rounds)

For an unrestricted license, my thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Well I ended up buying my mags in Germany

Advertisement