Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the narcissism of RTE employees getting out of hand?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I don't see how population isn't relevant when you're comparing two services partly run via funding from said population.

Population is relevant to funding but not so much to cost.
    The cost of making and broadcast similar content is going to be pretty much the same regardless if 100k or 10m tune in to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

PK was/is a very good political interviewer.

What he's not is "Mr.Saturday Night" which is what RTE tried to shoe-horn him into after GB's retirement.

Has Gay Byrne retired? He never retired, he just stepped down from presenting the Late Late.

Pat was doing Kenny's Live long before the Late Late show, but when he did the Late Late Show, he had a few rough years-production was not the best. (And the guests were a massive step down).
    He did have some decent interviews, some tragic guests that he handled really well.
    But his worst years were still better than Ryan's best.
    Edgware wrote: »
    Can a week go by without getting a "Gaybo's brave battle against cancer" and how he wants to get back on the airwaves again?

It's actually getting depressing. Like, the amount of coverage they're giving him-we all want him to recover, but the coverage on his health is very morbid.
    If he dies, he's lived a great life-but I imagine they'll try and wrangle a 'huge' audience (as in paid sponsorship and advertising)out of his comeback gig, which will probably be a once off.

I had a friend who worked behind the scenes on Irish television and he told me before they went live once Miriam O'Callaghan pushed her boobs up and loudly said "how do my tits look?" Now whenever I see her that is literally all I think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Has Gay Byrne retired? He never retired, he just stepped down from presenting the Late Late.

Did you not hear - RTE are going to have him cryogenically frozen. When science advances enough, he will be revived literally and physically. So its possible he'll be hosting the Late Late again after Tubridy retires. Then people say RTE is a backwards looking organisation...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,722 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I had a friend who worked behind the scenes on Irish television and he told me before they went live once Miriam O'Callaghan pushed her boobs up and loudly said "how do my tits look?" Now whenever I see her that is literally all I think of.

And how did they look did your friend say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BPKS wrote: »

Probably pretty decent in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

BPKS wrote: »

Can't wait for Ruth Coppinger to hold them up in the Dail!
    (I'll get me own coat):D

Advertisement