Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corporate let

Options
  • 19-01-2018 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

Hi to any corporate letters..

I've a 3 bed semi up on daft and I have had an inquiry from a foreign firm which has a roughly year long contract coming up but not until March. My property will be vacant at the beginning of February already and I'm not prepared to simply forgo the rent because it's a corporate. It's only a contract, not a "local" firm hosting visitors on a semi-permanent basis (the ideal situation, which this is clearly not).

So how would you play it? Any tips from our experts in this area? Worth taking a chance in case it turns into something more long term, or just look for normal tenants?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Is it a MN?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

davo10 wrote: »
    Is it a MN?
    No. It's a small to mid sized European control systems contractor (fitting out pharmaceutical plants with plant control stuff by the looks of their website). They may obviously get more contracts in Ireland and it may be extended but no guarantees.

That's why I'm not chomping at the bit here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

I'd say go for it, corporate lets are gold, they don't give a crap about rent increases/ RTB etc, when the term ends crank up the price to whatever you want. Just make sure it's the company who signs the lease, not an individual. Ask for 3 months rent upfront, if they refuse, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

davo10 wrote: »
    I'd say go for it, corporate lets are gold, they don't give a crap about rent increases/ RTB etc, when the term ends crank up the price to whatever you want. Just make sure it's the company who signs the lease, not an individual. Ask for 3 months rent upfront, if they refuse, move on.
    Yeah ok, I'll just tell them they need to rent the place from now, even if it's to be left empty until they need it.

Advertisement