Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi a5 1.8 tfsi cam and crank correlation fault

• 20-01-2019 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭

My car has started taking a few extra turns to start And engine management light on.
    Code P0016 00 CMP sensor G40 , Engine speed sensor G28, Incorrect Correlation.

I'm guessing I might have dreaded timing chain issue but anyone experience of this on these engines?

If I clear fault, it starts perfectly and runs with perfect power until next start where it will take a few turns and after a few starts, light comes on again.
    Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Most likely chain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

What the typical cost for chain kit roughly and labour

We do them for €575. No idea about other places tbh. Not every garage would be familiar with them or have the tools etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Oh. I thought it might be more.

Just thinking about this, the timing could well have slipped while the other work was being carried out, when removing the gearbox the engine needs to be turned by hand to access some bolts attaching the drive plate to the flywheel, if it was turned anticlockwise and the chain and/or tensioner weren't in the best of shape anyway then it is quite likely that the chain could have slipped a tooth or two. I have seen it happen in the past.

• Advertisement
Advertisement