Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

young free and broke

• 29-06-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

so im just finshed my leaving cert ,but im not going to uni in september. but im thinking about further education, im 18 and wordering if i can claim dole? info much apprectied as its difficult to find out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

www.welfare.ie has plenty of information about that.

I'm pretty sure you can get something while you're in between. It will take a lot of filling out of forms, and when you go to further education it will stop.

Hope that helped a little bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

You can only claim dole if available for and seeking work. If you are going back to college, you should not qualify for the dole, however perhaps you could qualify for the BTEA (Back To Education) allowance or similar. I dont know what the criteria are for this.

If you are applying for the dole, bear in mind your parents income will be assesed as means if living at home; so you may or may not qualify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Also, this forum would probably be more apt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mellowmeg

haah ,cheers for all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

mellowmeg wrote: »
    so im just finshed my leaving cert ,but im not going to uni in september. but im thinking about further education, im 18 and wordering if i can claim dole? info much apprectied as its difficult to find out.

You cannot make your claim until 3 months after your final exam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement