Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need 2 new front tyres for 132 Honda CRV

• 10-01-2019 5:56pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per title, 132 1.6 diesel CRV on original Michelin Latitude Sport tyres.
    Fronts need replacing, rears still pretty good so at least another year + left there.
    225/60 R18
    Previous owner swapped for Winter tyres so hence their "long" life. About 65,000 kms on ODO.

Really at sea here, so many to choose, looking for value but not sh1te at the same time.
    Eiretyres have the new generation of the current tyres for €154 a corner but with previous car's I've never spent as much (granted previous cars were smaller) so thrown a bit.

Would also like to get a cheap steel rim and throw the best tyre onto it for a full sized spare in the boot but hard to track down, tried quite a few breakers...
    Think the 18" not that popular...

Appreciate any advice or recommendations folks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/ is handy to check particular model's user reviews.

Quickly checking the online seller below. Nokian Line and Uniroyal rainsport 3 around 100-110 euro seem like a good value.

https://www.oponeo.ie/tyre-finder/s=1/summer/t=1/4x4/r=1/225-60-r18

If you currently have winters at the rear I suggest either buy 4 summer tyres or buy two winter tyres to ensure grip in rear axle is not far away from front axle in warmer days. Mixing them is not gonna push your car to ditch instantly but in an unexpected situation such difference can put you and your family at risk as car will oversteer if rears loses the grip.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yeah, had a look at tyre reviews earlier but they rated my current tyres down the list when they are stock tyres wearing well so kinda put me off.
    For reference currently have Michelin Latitude Sport on all corners...

So back to this today, balancing price and reviews I'm looking at Yokohama Advan Sport V105, I've sourced online for €168 however I've also seen a 2016 Date of Manufacture price of €134 so the question I suppose is it worth a €34 saving per corner to get the cheaper/older tyre.
    I'm also thinking who's to say that if I buy the €168 tyre it may arrive as a 2017?

...and I've given up trying to but a rim, next to impossible for a decent price and nothing in breakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

slave1 wrote: »
    So back to this today, balancing price and reviews I'm looking at Yokohama Advan Sport V105, I've sourced online for €168 however I've also seen a 2016 Date of Manufacture price of €134 so the question I suppose is it worth a €34 saving per corner to get the cheaper/older tyre.
    I'm also thinking who's to say that if I buy the €168 tyre it may arrive as a 2017?

Online retailers generally mention manufacturing date to avoid hassle of returns etc for old stock. I doubt it will be older than 2018 if nothing is mentioned.

And I would buy the fresh tyre as material got harder with time even it is not in use.

• Advertisement

Thanks, been reading up on "old" new tyres, mixed opinions but I totally get what you're saying.
    Could get a Dec16 versus a Jan18

Got a week 44 2016 set of tyres, well wrapped and spotless, fitted today for €15 a corner so happy out

Advertisement