Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche to make more Taycan than 911 next year

Options
  • 21-01-2019 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭

I have to say I am very surprised by that. I guess a sign of things to come. Porsche just doubled the expected production from 20,000 to 40,000

Porsche-Taycan-laden.jpg

Linky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

now that's an EV I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

We need to win the lotto, galwaytt and then hope our friendly local Porsche dealer will take our flat 6 dino juice ones as a trade in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

*pokes share price, come on do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Haha, drunkmonkey. I was thinking exactly that yesterday :D

Seriously, very strange that statement made no difference to the share price. I guess the market is far from perfect and the significance of the this development is lost on most people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The 1st year is already seemingly sold out, I'd say by the end of February Teals will have be bruised and battered and we'll be sitting pretty. Tesla have to be loosing model s sales to them.

The Taycan needs 3 seats in the back, it's the one thing I've against it... they've done it with the panamera so hopefully it'll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...any idea what price that is, here ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 21,371 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...any idea what price that is, here ??
    Looks similar price to Model S (£60k-£70k)in the UK
    https://www.theweek.co.uk/electric-cars/93814/porsche-taycan-2020-prices-specs-release-mission-e-suv

Advertisement