Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEP Sleeve for DCM

Options
  • 26-10-2019 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

I’m doing the Dublin marathon tomorrow & I purchased a CEP compression calf sleeve (at the expo!) as I have plantar fasciitis & I’m hoping this could help.

Is there any chance I could wear this for the first time tomorrow?
    I know the golden rule is nothing new on marathon day but because it’s just a calf sleeve so I’m wondering if I’d get away with it?? This will be my 6th marathon.

I know it’d be risky as I’ve never used anything like this before & it sounds like it could be amazing if it worked well for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I struggle to come up with an explanation how a calf sleeve could help with plantar fasciitis. :confused:

Apart from that, I would never wear new shoes or new socks to a marathon but I would not expect a calf sleeve to be any trouble - I very much doubt it will help with PF though, so I don't quite see the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

I struggle to come up with an explanation how a calf sleeve could help with plantar fasciitis. :confused:

Lol I understand the confusion!! The PF stems from tight calves so the sleeve could help & honestly it’ll be cool enough tomorrow so they’d be handy to wear with the shorts.

I was gonna get the PF socks but obviously def couldn’t wear those tomorrow so the sleeves are a compromise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I wouldn't wear anything I'm not used to wearing, but I suppose you could always take it off if it bothers you.

Advertisement