Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

No where is it suggested that it will get another theatrical run, and fans haven't pushed for that.
    I was referring to whoever said it could make 200 million along with the 50 mill for marketing and finishing the film. That would imply a theatrical cut.
    I have gone into why HBO Max doesn't make much sense as have other people. Especially given the limited reach of HBO Max and as for a home release. Physical home media is dying and realistically putting out another cut of a film that bombed to begin with doesn't make much financial sense.

There's also the point that what's filmed is now filmed. From what's been said there was still reshoots that needed to be done for Snyder's Cut too. Even that aside it's been suggested that they would need to pay actors royalties for a cut this radically different. A rough estimate I've read is that it would take at least 30-40 million to finish the Snyder Cut.

Again as for all the home release stuff, I don't see the benefit. I say that as someone who is sitting in a room surrounded by blu-rays. The longer they wait the less lucrative home media becomes and it's not exactly lucrative right now. It doesn't change the fact that this is an unknown quantity if it did get a release. This isn't an extended cut or a director's cut of a classic film where people know what they're buying. It's a possibly incomplete (even after theoretical VFX are done) rushed film that bombed, that general audiences are likely unsure even exists.

Factor in that the studio would in no way want to look like they released the inferior film and killed the good one. Especially now that they're starting to get things on the right path with the DC films. I'll just repeat what I've said, I don't see the sense in releasing this and I don't know how anyone being objective could see why they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Foxtrol wrote: »
    But where's the value on their own streaming platform if they need to cover the costs for CGI etc?

The likes of Apple and Disney+ have their center points be series, as they get people hooked beyond the initial 1 week free trial period and even longer into the 2nd month of payment.

Even if this cut did have enough pull to get people to join that wouldn't otherwise do so, which I doubt, then what would stop them all from dropping the service straight afterwards? At least with a theatrical or home release you get some direct money for it from those die-hard fans.

Look at Netflix and The Cloverfield Paradox. Netflix spent an estimated 50m for it. It’s not all about hooking people in for a trial, It can simply be about acquiring something buzzy enough to get people’s interest. IMO, a snyder cut fits right into this category. If the deal is right, it can be a win/win for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That's some pretty epic music right there

https://twitter.com/Ser_Jon_Arryn/status/1196496535867011073

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slydice wrote: »
    That's some pretty epic music right there

https://twitter.com/Ser_Jon_Arryn/status/1196496535867011073

That background music reminds me of The Reverse Flash's musical cue from The Flash TV show....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Like what is going on? Why are so many people associated with the JL movie doing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Who or what is Zero?

kerplun k wrote: »
    Look at Netflix and The Cloverfield Paradox. Netflix spent an estimated 50m for it. It’s not all about hooking people in for a trial, It can simply be about acquiring something buzzy enough to get people’s interest. IMO, a snyder cut fits right into this category. If the deal is right, it can be a win/win for everyone.
    Netflix have a massive userbase, far larger than HBO Max will have or could ever have. Cloverfield Paradox was a film that no one had seen and was exclusive to them. Justice League will still be the Justice League film just a different cut, it's not the same and most won't care. The other thing is that Cloverfield had the hype of no one knowing it was going up until it did so it had massive levels of interest after a freaking Superbowl ad. Most people already have Netflix, so it's as simple as finding it there. For HBO they'd have to shout about it a good bit in advance to get people to sign-up for a service more expensive than Netflix that will have less distribution than Netflix.

Remember as well for Cloverfield, it was already finished and ready to go, Paramount sold it to Netflix cause they knew it had no theatrical merit. It was win-win. WB would be putting their own money into the Snyder Cut trying to recoup on an investment they've already lost millions on.

Sure, some are suggesting this is all just marketing for HBO Max and maybe that's true but it is strange they've said they are not working on it and why advertise the service so far out from it's launch. The only logical thing I could think of would be that they want to try take the attention away from Disney + but even then a concrete annoucement or some impressive content would do that anyway. Not buying this.

*tap* *tap* do instagram embeds work?

Joe Manganiello released Snyder Cut photos of Deathstroke:
    joemanganiello 18h ago
    #releasethesnydercut
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5B4fj6hrtL/

Slydice wrote: »
    *tap* *tap* do instagram embeds work?

Joe Manganiello released Snyder Cut photos of Deadpool:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5B4fj6hrtL/

FYP ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FunLover18 wrote: »
    FYP ;)

Doesn't really work as a joke, seeing as Deadpool was initially a parody of Deathstroke :D

• Advertisement

Doesn't really work as a joke, seeing as Deadpool was initially a parody of Deathstroke :D

It was more a reference to Teen Titans Go! To The Movies.

Knew I should have gone with 'Slaaaaaaaaaaaaaade'.

While not getting either of the jokes, I was amused as I'd also seen photos of the main DCEU characters and deadpool while checking for Snyder Cut updates.

Think this was it (or a similar tweet)

https://twitter.com/RTSnyderCut/status/1148054691483410432

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Rock is saying Black Adam will introduce the JSA.

ThePott wrote: »

God the comments on that article. Sickening.

It's almost like they don't realise the character of Superman is an illegal immigrant in America created by Jewish kids.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's almost like they don't realise the character of Superman is an illegal immigrant in America created by Jewish kids.

He's a white immigrant, they're ok. Though the malcontents won't say it of course - sure some of their best friends are black - and that DC should make original characters instead of changing cherished ones (ignoring that when they do, those same people scoff about PC tokenism, so we're back to square one).

As you say, superman started as an immigrant story and jewish power fantasy, but something something culture wars.

pixelburp wrote: »
    He's a white immigrant, they're ok. Though the malcontents won't say it of course - sure some of their best friends are black - and that DC should make original characters instead of changing cherished ones (ignoring that when they do, those same people scoff about PC tokenism, so we're back to square one).

As you say, superman started as an immigrant story and jewish power fantasy, but something something culture wars.

I know but... if there was ever a character where the colour of his skin just shouldn't matter, it's superman.

Even in the modern interpretation, the entire point to him is that he could have been alone and alien, but the best of the American dream fills the void. The inclusiveness of an open door and loving parents (when they could have been scared and shunned him) paid off in the creation of an infinitely kind and infinitely powerful protector for the place that willingly called him home. Much like Cap, he stands for what we (because Supes calls earth home tbh at this point) could be, not what we are.

So yeah **** those guys who want him to be some white guy ideal like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Read them out of curiosity.
    I regret my decision

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reading that JJ Abrams is getting ready to takeover Superman & Green Lantern and David Corenswet is being tipped to be his Clark Kent/Superman.

Idk about the sites reporting this, not great sources

• Advertisement

The Variety article posted last week mentioned that JJ had been approached. He's a Superman fan and previously wrote a script which was going to be directed by McG.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm sure Abrams has been approached by every studio shopping around its big blockbuster franchise; honestly, I'd be a little surprised if he dives into yet another one. Surely he has enough clout & cash slushing around to fund whatever passion project he has collecting dust on his shelves. Assuming it's not a Superman story mind you.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The Variety article posted last week mentioned that JJ had been approached. He's a Superman fan and previously wrote a script which was going to be directed by McG.
    Well aware of that, I posted the article here. I know he wrote Superman Flyby. Again, I highlight the sources as I mentioned. Type in the actor's name, it's mainly CosmicBookNews and WeGotYouCovered, two of the most notorious clickbait comic book sites. Bad Robot have a deal with the WB, I would be shocked if there wasn't some DC talk at some point if not already.

The idea though that he has officially signed on for Superman though and even gone as far as to cast a lead actor for a film though is definitely raising the BS alarm. He only finished Star Wars in the last few weeks and is about to embark on the media push for it, I doubt Disney would be too happy with every question thrown his way being about Superman. I'm just saying, possible? Someday, yes. I would just be very skeptical of this story and especially the sources pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm quietly confident that know Black Adam seems to be moving forward, that Cavill isn't finished in the role yet. Based on what The Rock has said he seems to want a showdown between BA and Cavill's Superman.

The logo for Snyders Stone Quarry film production company at the bottom at the end.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stone_Quarry

Looks like they've boosted the colour in Diana's armour I think? Looks a LOT more red and blue, though the first films pallette was very washed out mind you ...

pixelburp wrote: »
    Looks like they've boosted the colour in Diana's armour I think? Looks a LOT more red and blue, though the first films pallette was very washed out mind you ...

I think I read somewhere that the washed out thing was a dictum from Snyder back when he was DC's Feige.

TRAILER!!!

• Advertisement

Crap, trailer pretty much confirms some spoilers I accidentally read ages ago, that sucks.

Trailer looks good though

Advertisement