Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Allianz Pet Insurance Question

• 17-11-2019 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭

Quick question if someone who's familiar could advise.

We insured our puppy with Allianz and are covered for up to €4,000 a year in vet fees.

He had his booster shots yesterday, along with kennel cough, worming and flea treatments. It came to €130.

Our excess is €100.

Is this excess on a per visit basis, ie. we can claim back €33 of the above, or how does it work? The policy documents don't actually explain how it works, or at least not clearly enough for me to understand.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Vaccines aren’t covered. Now if he was sick/had an accident the excess is for the illness (I think) for the duration of the claim year..and when that happens the vets will go through the form with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Quick question if someone who's familiar could advise.

We insured our puppy with Allianz and are covered for up to €4,000 a year in vet fees.

He had his booster shots yesterday, along with kennel cough, worming and flea treatments. It came to €130.

Our excess is €100.

Is this excess on a per visit basis, ie. we can claim back €33 of the above, or how does it work? The policy documents don't actually explain how it works, or at least not clearly enough for me to understand.

Thanks!

Same as with human health Insurance standard stuff / everyday things are not covered ..

vaccinations/ neutering etc are not covered only if it’s an illness / condition / xrays etc

Excess is applied per claim / condition per year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Thanks for explaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

cocker5 wrote: »
    Same as with human health Insurance standard stuff / everyday things are not covered ..

vaccinations/ neutering etc are not covered only if it’s an illness / condition / xrays etc

Excess is applied per claim / condition per year

But you are only covered for a maximum of €4000 per year in total not for each illness up to a maximum of €4000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

misschoo wrote: »
    But you are only covered for a maximum of €4000 per year in total not for each illness up to a maximum of €4000

Yes I realise that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

cocker5 wrote: »
    Yes I realise that :)

I was explaining that for the OPs benefit!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Excess is per condition, per year - my little lady had 2 different things going on, first 150euro of issue one wasn't covered and first 150euro of 2nd issue wasn't covered!

And as said above, general things like vaccines aren't covered.

Advertisement