Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance increased?

Options
  • 06-11-2019 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hey guys, So i got my car insurance last year through 123.ie and the insurance company is RSA. Last year i paid insurance of roughly 850 Euros for third party insurance whereas in the current year i've received a quote of 960 Euros.

What could be the reason behind the increase? My no claims bonus has increased for another year so i was assuming the insurance cost should go down? :confused::confused::confused:

Anyone has any ideas on where to get cheaper insurance quotes as there's no point staying with RSA if they're going to be increasing the insurance cost year on year?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Pekarirska

Hey guys, So i got my car insurance last year through 123.ie and the insurance company is RSA. Last year i paid insurance of roughly 850 Euros for third party insurance whereas in the current year i've received a quote of 960 Euros.

What could be the reason behind the increase? My no claims bonus has increased for another year so i was assuming the insurance cost should go down? :confused::confused::confused:

Anyone has any ideas on where to get cheaper insurance quotes as there's no point staying with RSA if they're going to be increasing the insurance cost year on year?

Thanks!

Was €960 existing customer renewal or new business quote? The latter seems to be cheaper at 123.ie.

The easiest way to get a cheaper quote is to shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Also see how the price of full cover compares to third party. In many cases it's similar, or even slightly lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

I've always had cheaper quotes from 123 as a new customer come renewal. That just means going on their website and filling in all details again for a new quote.
    In my circumstances, fully comp was €33 more compared to tpf&t

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement