Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann routes 109/109A Changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭tom23

Because this makes perfect sense, bus is behind schedule by over an hour and it still goes up Blanchardstown slip road to add another 15/20 minutes on the journey. Transport for all, you got love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Commuter109

tom23 wrote: »
    Because this makes perfect sense, bus is behind schedule by over an hour and it still goes up Blanchardstown slip road to add another 15/20 minutes on the journey. Transport for all, you got love it.

I take it you are referring to your journey in today Tom?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Strikes me that the whole concept of longer route buses going into Blanchardstown centre needs to be revisited. Maybe not even just that, perhaps even things like the routes out of town, and the stops that BE make on the way out.

So, here's a radical thought. How about if BE start from Busaras, or Beresford Place, depending on the route, and the 109 then goes via DPT, M50, with first stop being the M3 Parkway station. For connections from places like Phibsboro, or Castleknock, or other places between, DB provide that connect, or the 105 is used, with an interchange being allowed at the M3 Parkway station within the one ticket.

It really is time for the minister, or someone in a very high place to get BE & DB in to their office, and read the riot act to them about their parochial p1ssing up the wall in terms of who covers where. DB should be dealing with Dublin area, and BE should be dealing with longer haul routes, with some changes being made to restore sanity.

It makes no sense for DB to go to Balbriggan, but BE do Ashbourne, especially as there is now a DB depot at Harristown, and a DB route already to Rolestown. That should come on through to at least Ashbourne, and DB should be covering Ashbourne, with other destinations available, only having Busaras, the Airport and Blanchardstown available from Ashbourne at this stage with no ticket interchangeability is crazy, as it makes it impossible for people who need to get to places like Tallaght, or Sandyford, or Citywest, or the Naas road, to use public transport, as the times to get to the centre to then get out again, and then do the same in reverse at the other end of the day are just unreal.

So, going back to the original discussion, if a passenger at Blanch Shopping centre is heading for Dunshaughlin, or Navan or Kells, then the 105, or a DB service is the first choice, with a change at M3 Parkway, which hopefully will be sensibly coordinated to avoid stupid delays. That way, the buses that are serving the longer hauls are not spending a disproportionate length of time going in and around difficult locations like Blanch at peak periods. For the numbers involved, that has to be a better arrangement than sending the 109 in around the centre when it's probably already well loaded, given the time it takes to get off the M3 and back on again, when a quick side excursion into M3 Parkway would be much quicker, and possibly open up the route to other passengers from places that the 109 doesn't go,

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7,832 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

just to tack in with the last post (EDIT:which is about utilising M3parkway as a hub to connect to subsidised Dublin Bus services) - if the plan is to extend the rail line to Navan then WHY are the people of Navan or the NTA not pushing to get express shuttles to the M3 parkway to get the (subsidised) underutilised , almost empty trains that leave the (subsidised) train station.

If the end game in the medium term is that the subsidised 109 will be replaced by a subsidised train anyhow, then why not NOW save cash by running some 109s as a non stop express down the motorway to M3 Parkway and terminating them there (saving bus kilometres and taxpayer subsidy) and filling otherwise empty subsidsed trains.

Seriously, no other country in Europe would have 2 subsided routes running so frequently in parallel to each other especially when one of them is high capacity and running VERY much under capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

Got stung last night, my bad. NO 109N on a Sunday, even if it is a bank Holiday. There were 4 of us there waiting on o connell st and we assumes it was coming. B.E should really put a 109N on a Bank Holiday, especially one as big as Paddy's day. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

malene wrote: »
    Got stung last night, my bad. NO 109N on a Sunday, even if it is a bank Holiday. There were 4 of us there waiting on o connell st and we assumes it was coming. B.E should really put a 109N on a Bank Holiday, especially one as big as Paddy's day. :(

On bank holidays, the timetables used are the Sunday times, so the last 109 from Bus Aras is 11pm

The 109N 12.30 am and 3.30 am bus on Friday and Saturday nights has been running since late November 2003.

When it began, for a very short period, it ran on Thursdays, as well as Friday and Saturday nights, but pretty soon after it was introduced, the Thursday service was stopped and since then it's been Friday and Saturday nights, never on a Sunday night.

It is only during the Christmas period that 12.30am and 3.30am buses are run on certain other nights of the week, as well as Fridays and Saturdays.

If it was the 12.30am bus, that you were expecting to get, you can get the number 30 Donegal bus at midnight from Bus Aras, seven nights a week, to Navan and Kells. http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360750243-030.pdf

Before it leaves, it will be parked at the Store St side and passengers can board there, and it will then go round to the main entrance to pick up passengers there. (Bus Aras locks up at 11pm, which is why people waiting for it are standing along the main entrance and Store St ).

It is quite strange to see people coming down to Bus Aras, and go past people standing outside it waiting for either the midnight Donegal bus, the 1am Belfast bus, or the 12.20am bus to Wexford, and then try to open the doors, only to find them locked, as if anyone standing there already would be outside the bus station if it was still open!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

Two questions. Unusually for me, I got the 7.05 AM bus from Navan. The Express was a single decker, left a load of people behind in the queue at market square bus stop, then bizarrely stopped at the next stop to let one person on, leaving a line of people waiting. Is it usually a double decker?

For return today, I seem to remember there used to be an express at 6PM, but it's not marked on the time table. However, for the longest while BE wouldn't admit they had an express so I don't trust their info. Does anybody know if there's an express at 6 as well as 5.30?

Two questions. Unusually for me, I got the 7.05 AM bus from Navan. The Express was a single decker, left a load of people behind in the queue at market square bus stop, then bizarrely stopped at the next stop to let one person on, leaving a line of people waiting. Is it usually a double decker?

For return today, I seem to remember there used to be an express at 6PM, but it's not marked on the time table. However, for the longest while BE wouldn't admit they had an express so I don't trust their info. Does anybody know if there's an express at 6 as well as 5.30?

This morning was a complete nightmare as far as Navan goes. I went to get on the 7.20 around 7.10 and was told it was full as the 7.05 never showed up ( I understand there are 2 7.05's in the morning so obviously one never showed.)

I waited for the second 7.20 which arrived, but it filled up leaving no space for one passenger in the square. But the real victims were those waiting at Johnstown. Obviously neither 7.20 could stop there, and by the sounds of the above post , only one person at the Johnstown stop managed to get the 7.05. So off the 4 scheduled expresses services this morning, (7.05 x 2 and 7.20 x2) , one person at the Johnstown stop managed to get on.

When the 7.20 passed it Johnstown stop this morning, there had to be in excess of 50 people waiting. Hopefully BE got something sorted quickly as if these people had to wait for the 7.35

a) there wouldnt have been capacity for everyone
    b) anyone with a 9.00 start had little or no chance of making it on the 7.35

Re the return, there is only one true express service in the evening and thats the 5.30 via DP and M3. The 6.30 to Navan does use the M3 but unfortunatley goes out via Cabra

The 30 service at 6pm did serve Navan and use the Port Tunnel and some of the M3, but I believe that they took Navan and Dunsaughlin pretty much of that route (with a small number of exceptions) a number of months ago.

So my understanding is that if you're looking to go Navan at 6 these evening, you have no option but to get the slow coach via cabra, blanch slip road, clonee , dunslaughlin and old road into Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

This morning was a complete nightmare as far as Navan goes. I went to get on the 7.20 around 7.10 and was told it was full as the 7.05 never showed up ( I understand there are 2 7.05's in the morning so obviously one never showed.)

I waited for the second 7.20 which arrived, but it filled up leaving no space for one passenger in the square. But the real victims were those waiting at Johnstown. Obviously neither 7.20 could stop there, and by the sounds of the above post , only one person at the Johnstown stop managed to get the 7.05. So off the 4 scheduled expresses services this morning, (7.05 x 2 and 7.20 x2) , one person at the Johnstown stop managed to get on.

When the 7.20 passed it Johnstown stop this morning, there had to be in excess of 50 people waiting. Hopefully BE got something sorted quickly as if these people had to wait for the 7.35

Re the return, there is only one true express service in the evening and thats the 5.30 via DP and M3. The 6.30 to Navan does use the M3 but unfortunatley goes out via Cabra

The 30 service at 6pm did serve Navan and use the Port Tunnel and some of the M3, but I believe that they took Navan and Dunsaughlin pretty much of that route (with a small number of exceptions) a number of months ago.

So my understanding is that if you're looking to go Navan at 6 these evening, you have no option but to get the slow coach via cabra, blanch slip road, clonee , dunslaughlin and old road into Navan.

Many thanks for answering my question about the evening service.

I assume that one of the early buses was cancelled/broke down with subsequent knock on effect. Very little info, as usual. The Navan town stop isn't equipped to handle the queuing for simultaneous buses - it means that people who arrive last, get on first if the express is second into halting area - must drive others nuts. They should stagger them by 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,832 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I assume that one of the early buses was cancelled/broke down with subsequent knock on effect. Very little info, as usual. The Navan town stop isn't equipped to handle the queuing for simultaneous buses - it means that people who arrive last, get on first if the express is second into halting area - must drive others nuts. They should stagger them by 5 minutes.
    slight tangent, but was there never a plan to build a Bus Station in Navan?
    Somewhere like by the Fire Station would be a good location as the busses are straight on the road then to Kells/ Dublin not to mention Drogheda.

Armagh would be a similar (ish) type of town to Navan and they have a tidy bus station located a short walk from the tight old town street layout.
    http://goo.gl/maps/qaBC6

• Advertisement

Terrible situation this morning, just not good enough. I hoped these people sent complaints to BE and NTA.

It would drive one demented at market square, no be information, no proper queuing. Dwell time at the bus stop is horrendous especially if a bus is late and is caught between departures. It would have done the commuters from Navan the world of good to have got a train service.

We got a billion euro roadwork straight into Dublin with one true express route and the rest going into one of the busiest urban sprawls in the country to accommodate the lobby groups and transport strategy while good meaning but flawed. Sure what do we expect its taking a lifetime to get the leap card as our integrated ticket what's another decade waiting for it to kick in on bus eireann?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Yeah, was on the 109 this morning, bus no 2 at 7.20 am and saw the fiasco at the Ardboyne.
    Those queuing there most mornings have a hit or miss with the bus. Speedy does the first bus at 7.20 (technically 7.15) and shoots off before the official BE bus, gets to the Ardboyne and picks up a dozen souls but does a seat count after 6 or so get on. All the rest remaining have to take their chance with the 2nd 109X. Not ideal at all.
    BE really don't organise their schedule very well. Most people in the know avoid the 5pm return to Navan and get either 4.45pm or the 5.30 pm port tunnel (PT) flyer with speedy no 2. The 5.30 Port Tunnel 109x will get to the Ardboyne 5 to 15 mins ahead of the 5pm slow boat. They should cancel the 4.45pm and put on a second PT bus at 5pm when most of us get to Busarus but won't get on the 5pm. Consequently the 5.30 PT 109x is full (79 passengers) by 5.25pm and can set off early !

hi

just wondering can anyone advise what time does the 109A that leaves Kells at 6.50am that also stops at Navan at 7.10am get into the airport and DCU.

I understand that in the evenings, the 109A buses that leave from Kells and Navan, there is generally no traffic delays going to the airport and DCU.

but I was wondering, if in the morning, heading to both the airport and DCU, if there are delays, perhaps when it gets to Dunshaughlin or Ratoath?

(the 109A timetable states the 6.50am from Kells gets to the airport at 8.10am and then leaves the airport at 8.20, to be at DCU at 8.30)

http://buseireann.ie/pdf/1318605105-109A.pdf

Fiskar wrote: »
    Yeah, was on the 109 this morning, bus no 2 at 7.20 am and saw the fiasco at the Ardboyne.
    Those queuing there most mornings have a hit or miss with the bus. Speedy does the first bus at 7.20 (technically 7.15) and shoots off before the official BE bus, gets to the Ardboyne and picks up a dozen souls but does a seat count after 6 or so get on. All the rest remaining have to take their chance with the 2nd 109X. Not ideal at all.
    BE really don't organise their schedule very well. Most people in the know avoid the 5pm return to Navan and get either 4.45pm or the 5.30 pm port tunnel (PT) flyer with speedy no 2. The 5.30 Port Tunnel 109x will get to the Ardboyne 5 to 15 mins ahead of the 5pm slow boat. They should cancel the 4.45pm and put on a second PT bus at 5pm when most of us get to Busarus but won't get on the 5pm. Consequently the 5.30 PT 109x is full (79 passengers) by 5.25pm and can set off early !

Re the 5.30 express, haven't got it for ages but as suggested above , got it today and the queue was practically out the front door and demand outstripped supply. Not sure how many were left behind but there were at least 5 I think.

Is this an everyday occurrence ? Might be an idea to note the days it happens here and at least we could provide BE with the statistics in support of demand for real express services.

Personally a 6pm express would be ideal. Like many I work till 5.30, so a bus at that time is not an option .

Anyone know why the 109N does NOT run on a sunday bank holidays? Three of us got caught on paddys weekend.

Anyone know why the 109N does NOT run on a sunday bank holidays? Three of us got caught on paddys weekend.

Hi malene,

just wondering, were you informed that it was to be running on that night?

The 109N began in late November 2003 and has never operated on a Sunday night, only Friday and Saturday nights, except for a very short time when it started in 2003, it ran on Thursdays but that was soon stopped.

The only other time the 109N operates on certain other nights, along with Fridays and Saturdays, is in the weeks before and after Christmas.
    http://buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1216&month=Nov

On every Bank Holiday weekend, for both the Sunday and Monday, the normal Bus Éireann Sunday timetable applies, which means that the last 109 from Bus Aras in 11pm.

In this link below is the details of their services on St Patrick's Day and 18th March this year.

http://buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1265&month=Mar

I don't know where your destination was, but since last October 14th, the number 30 Donegal bus at midnight from Bus Aras stops in Navan and Kells, seven nights a week, and was running on that night.

On the press archive of Bus Éireann's site,

http://buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=321

for 2012, it states that on St Patrick's Day 2012, which was a Saturday, that the Sunday services applied,

http://buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1065&month=Mar

and in 2011, which was a Thursday, the Sunday timetable applied
    http://buseireann.ie/news.php?id=936&month=Mar

and also in 2010, which was a Wednesday

http://buseireann.ie/news.php?id=841&month=Mar

so it would appear that on any St Patrick's Day, no matter what day of the week it falls on, because it is a bank holiday, the Sunday services apply.

I hope the info I included may be of some help, I was just curious as to why you thought the 109N was to be running on that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You've already had this pas-de-deux on the previous page. I'm presuming Malene assumed without bothering her barney actually checking that there just had to be a 109N on a Sunday night because she wanted one.

You've already had this pas-de-deux on the previous page. I'm presuming Malene assumed without bothering her barney actually checking that there just had to be a 109N on a Sunday night because she wanted one.

Hi schemingbohemia

I just thought it would be useful to include the links on buseireann.ie, regarding alterations to the timetable on St Patricks Day in previous years, to indicate that Bus Éireann always run the Sunday timetable, on that day, and on other Bank Holidays.

regards

Thanks for replies, we just assumed and then later at 3.45 a.m , while standing outside penney's , we got someone with aphone and checked and we were stuck. we ended up getting taxi to airport and waiting til 5.20 for 109A back through navan.

We probably should have checked, but we assumed that because it was a bank holiday and because pubs would be open late, that the 109N would also run on that and any sunday.

It would be a thought for B.E to coinsider. Thanks HB for detailed reply.

• Advertisement

Hi malene,

Were there many others waiting, expecting to get it at that time, along with your group?

If there was a good few people waiting, if you reckon enough people would use a 109N bus at from Dublin at 12.30am and 3.30am on future St Patrick's nights, or Bank Holiday Sunday nights between Navan, Dunshaughlin, Ratoath and Dublin, it might be useful to make a suggestion to Bus Éireann and the National Transport Authority, who might look into it.

Maverick bus driver on the 6.30 this week, out via DPT every evening and in Navan in under an hour every evening, 49 minutes to the square one of the evenings this week. If only it could be like that every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Maverick bus driver on the 6.30 this week, out via DPT every evening and in Navan in under an hour every evening, 49 minutes to the square one of the evenings this week. If only it could be like that every day!

Schools were off so it will be back to normal tomorrow! Speedy 1 at 7.20 am and hopefully Speedy 2 for the 5.30pm.

Fiskar wrote: »
    Schools were off so it will be back to normal tomorrow! Speedy 1 at 7.20 am and hopefully Speedy 2 for the 5.30pm.

70 minutes on a bus so far and stuck on the Blanchardstown slip Road to let one passenger off. There's times when I ask myself why do I do this? Surely to god there has to be better options than this? How did the 109 from Navan to Dublin ever get the go ahead to cover such a large area in one the most condensed areas of the country?

Hi malene,

Were there many others waiting, expecting to get it at that time, along with your group?

If there was a good few people waiting, if you reckon enough people would use a 109N bus at from Dublin at 12.30am and 3.30am on future St Patrick's nights, or Bank Holiday Sunday nights between Navan, Dunshaughlin, Ratoath and Dublin, it might be useful to make a suggestion to Bus Éireann and the National Transport Authority, who might look into it.

Yep, not a bad idea. There were 4 there.

tom23 wrote: »
    70 minutes on a bus so far and stuck on the Blanchardstown slip Road to let one passenger off. There's times when I ask myself why do I do this? Surely to god there has to be better options than this? How did the 109 from Navan to Dublin ever get the go ahead to cover such a large area in one the most condensed areas of the country?

What needs to happen is that there is a pathway made through the ditch, so bus can stop on the road opposite crown plaza and not go up slip road at all. Then, people can cross the road and come up the back of the crowne plaza, it's so simple.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

What needs to happen is that there is a pathway made through the ditch, so bus can stop on the road opposite crown plaza and not go up slip road at all. Then, people can cross the road and come up the back of the crowne plaza, it's so simple.

And an even better system would be for the 109 not to stop after a new facility called M3 Parkway, which would become an interchange for bus and rail, if you want somewhere between M3 and Busaras, then you change at M3 onto an appropriate DB or BE105 service that covers the routes that need cover.

Then, (really living dangerously here) there would be no excuse for the 109 to not use the DPT all the time. There is a 105 from Beresford place to Ratoath/Ashbourne that can serve as an alternative to the 109 from town to M3, for the few people that need that service, and then change at M3, a few minor timetable tweaks should solve the problems of the connections, and I'm sure the 109 passengers would be much happier.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Dr Robotnik

Where to start with the 109? Just an awful service from start to finish. I'm sure the following points have been made ad nauseum throughout this thread, but I'm going to say my piece anyway!

I've had the misfortune of being a long term commuter since 2007 through college and work, and have seen a service that wasn't too bright to begin with slide further and further into complete farce. Lately I've been getting the 7.35 from Market Square in Navan. BE's Timetable states that it arrives in Dublin at 8.40. Good luck with that. (Although sometimes it is technically in Dublin County by 8.40!) It's usually 20-30 minutes late. Even with schools closed and people off work over Easter, it was still struggling to reach O'Connell Street by 8.50.

This can't be blamed on traffic though. The 7.35 meets heavy traffic at two spots - the ludicrous Blanchardstown slip road diversion and from Cabra onwards. But by this stage, it's usually well off target time-wise.

In fact, for the past few mornings the bus has taken over 10 minutes to get away from Market Square. This down to the drivers getting passengers on at a snail's pace. The constant switching between cash and computer, not having the right change ready, and not helped by the fiddly prices that BE insist on charging.

The whole process might be a little more tolerable if Market Square actually had a proper bus shelter. Or at least a 'bus shelter' other than the leaking cover over Metges Lane. It's bizarre to think that Garlow Cross and the Old Bridge Inn get brand new bus shelters while Navan's commuters don't.

Indeed, the lack of a proper bus stop at all at Market Square is vexing. There is literally nothing there to signify that there's a bus stop there except for a red pole and a timetable in the window of the newsagents. I often wonder how anyone visiting the town manages to find it?!

The journey itself is an abomination. More often than not it's late. I'd be great if someone did a correlation between timetable times and actual times over the course of a day. I imagine the results would be highly embarrassing for BE. This can only be down to poor planning.

Thanks to frequently using the 109, I know to avoid going for any bus that begins in Cavan. These are the ones that arrive in Navan at 5 past the hour and it is guaranteed to be very late. Regardless of the day, weather, you name it, it'll be late. And in the 18 months or so since they've revamped the route, I can't see any attempt to rectify it.

The Blanchardstown slip road is singularly the most ridiculous waste of time known to man. Everyone says it. 15 minutes added onto the trip for the benefit of one or two people. Even worse is having to go up and around the shopping centre. No joke, but one Saturday not so long ago it took nearly 25 minutes to navigate the shopping traffic for the benefit of one person. It's madness.

Every month there seems to be new stop added somewhere along the route, and this adds more and more time. The latest being the new stops outside Dunshaughlin. Great for the one or two people who use it, but pretty frustrating for everyone else.

When I first started using BE regularly in 2007 a weekly student ticket was €38. Now a student ticket is €50. So you're talking a price hike of over 30%. Way above inflation. In fact you'd struggle to think of anything that's price has increased that much between 2007 and 2013 (A barrel of oil? Lionel Messi?) As well as paying more, the journey is now longer. It really isn't on, is it?

Is that value for money? Sure they're providing a service, but €56.50 a week or €19.50 a return is not reflective of the quality of service. It's a premium price for a sub-standard service. 2012 saw not one but two price hikes. The second one wasn't very well advertised I might add as well, just chucked in under the radar before Christmas.

As far as I can see, there's absolutely not intention from them to do anything to improve the service. Why should they? The hold a virtual monopoly in Meath with no train network to speak of, and no real private competitors. It's a convenient cash cow that they're happy to take advantage of.

I've actually emailed them recently. Twice in fact. Just generally raising the issue of how struggling to get from A to B. Twice I've received virtually the same cut and paste email thanking me for pointing this out to them, that they'll look into it, that they're constantly reviewing their routes and so on. One told me that it would be passed onto the Regional route supervisor or some such, who'll be reviewing it. I doubt such a person exists, because it seems to me like there's been no 'supervision' of the route for some time.

As with anything, there's two sides to a story. It can't be easy to organise a transport company that has to deal with so many loss making and illogical routes. But at the same time, common sense never goes amiss, and you want to keep your customers happy and not alienate them. A bit of commuter-engagement wouldn't go amiss would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

In fact, for the past few mornings the bus has taken over 10 minutes to get away from Market Square. This down to the drivers getting passengers on at a snail's pace. The constant switching between cash and computer, not having the right change ready, and not helped by the fiddly prices that BE insist on charging.

The Blanchardstown slip road is singularly the most ridiculous waste of time known to man. Everyone says it. 15 minutes added onto the trip for the benefit of one or two people. Even worse is having to go up and around the shopping centre. No joke, but one Saturday not so long ago it took nearly 25 minutes to navigate the shopping traffic for the benefit of one person. It's madness.

Every month there seems to be new stop added somewhere along the route, and this adds more and more time. The latest being the new stops outside Dunshaughlin. Great for the one or two people who use it, but pretty frustrating for everyone else.

Incredible to observe the snails pace roll out of LeapCard in Dublin.

The Navan (109) situation described above is EXACTLY why some genius thought of a SMART-CARD in the first place.

Yet,it appears that 10 years and €40 Million still has'nt given us a Smart enough Card to cope with the 109,It is almost the IDEAL route for a dollop of Smart Cardification....approached in the correct manner it could totally alter the situation,and if the NTA were to awaken from its slumber and admit that Blanchardstown today is no longer a small village on the outskirts of Dublin and direct BE to cease and desist from treating it as some sort of Miss Marple rural idyll and by pass the place (At warp speed 5!)

Simple straightforward stuff,but totally dependent upon somebody in power actually understanding what the "Greater Good" actually means....:confused:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Does anyone know if the 7.45 form Kells to Stephens Green goes via M3 form Kells or is does it stop in Navan first?

Im a new commuter on this route and reading this thread is not encouraging lol.

And the few times I've used it so far the bus has never picked anyone up from Blanchardstown SC. A waste of 10-15minutes :(

Advertisement