Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Insulation

Options
  • 05-10-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Could anyone assist in a recommendation for a company to fit insulation and part raised floor in the city.

I previously used Gem for the cavity wall installation and wanted to go with them again for the attic but they have ceased trading.

Preferably a company that are SEAI approved so that we can avail of the grant.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

ive used GEM myself , wasnt aware they are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Henry Connolly, Ardnacrusha. Reputable builder and SEAI registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

What about the guys in tait house

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Tefral wrote: »
    What about the guys in tait house

You need to be on job seekers and home build before 2002 AFAIK. Neither apply to myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Can just ask did you have any luck with this?I know someone looking to do this also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

chicorytip wrote: »
    Henry Connolly, Ardnacrusha. Reputable builder and SEAI registered.

Wouldn't trust him to mind my dog after seeing the work he's done with the regeneration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Martin O Donoghue Attic Flooring.

Martin O Donoghue Attic Flooring.

Any link or website?

Wouldn't trust him to mind my dog after seeing the work he's done with the regeneration.

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

bigpink wrote: »
    What happened?

Poor quality of work, very poor communication and dirty workers who don't clean up after themselves. Probably only got the regeneration contract because he was the cheapest option. They then paid JC McMahon builders to come in and sort out the mess left behind behind by Connollys, only to bring him back again last year probably because he's cheaper and surprise surprise people had the same issues again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

https://theatticstairs.ie/
    Any link or website?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Just had this guy in last week fitting an attic stairs . Very nice man and very professional, he would restore you faith in tradesmen .

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Can just ask did you have any luck with this?I know someone looking to do this also

Kingdom Installation completed the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭AnonZen

jonski wrote: »
    Just had this guy in last week fitting an attic stairs . Very nice man and very professional, he would restore you faith in tradesmen .

Same, would definitely recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Are you referring to insulation type of works or general building?

Advertisement