Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto electrician

Options
  • 23-10-2020 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone can recommend me a good auto electrician in Limerick ,(city or county) preferably one who is experienced with Mercedes? Blower motor not working and it'll cost nearly €900 for the parts (if I go to Mercedes, about min 1/3 of that for off brand), but it may be a wiring issue.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭chicorytip

O'Shea Auto Electrics, Dock Road.
    Christy Madden, Eastlink Business Park.
    Seamus Mc Grath, Sexton St.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

chicorytip wrote: »
    O'Shea Auto Electrics, Dock Road.
    Christy Madden, Eastlink Business Park.
    Seamus Mc Grath, Sexton St.

Don't go to Seamus McGrath. They don't have the expertise. O'shea are good but they told me to go Alpina in Mungret.

They sorted my blower issue in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Des Kennedy in Garryowen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Mc Love wrote: »
    Don't go to Seamus McGrath. They don't have the expertise. O'shea are good but they told me to go Alpina in Mungret.

They sorted my blower issue in no time
    McGrath has a mechanic with electrical expertise on his staff.
    Des Kennedy seems to be retired or semi-retired. His place only seems to be open occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Des is still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

chicorytip wrote: »
    McGrath has a mechanic with electrical expertise on his staff.
    Des Kennedy seems to be retired or semi-retired. His place only seems to be open occasionally.

No he doesn't, unless that changed in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

bazz26 wrote: »
    Des is still there.

He is, but his hours of operation are hit and miss. Have often passed up by his way and found him closed during the middle of the day. I'd say Des tips away doing small jobs to keep himself occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I've a few to choose from!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

Mel Kennedy based out in Slaters in Thomondgate (Browns Quay) is a good guy to deal with. Has always put me right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i've got an electrical issue with my car too....is that guy Roman on dock rd good?

looked online for his number but can't see it listed, can someone PM his number please

• Advertisement
Advertisement