Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't gardai prosecute drivers based on dashcam footage?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Because most people have better things to be doing than "reporting" minor road traffic offences.

Except for the few like yourself that are obsessive about it.

I think more busybody and also garda attention needs to be given to the many cyclists that sail through red lights, quite dangerous for the cyclist themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    a garda has to witness the crime to prosecute

If that's the case, how do you suppose stores get people convicted for shoplifting?

The individual Garda who prosecutes a case does not have to be a witness to the crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

McCrack wrote: »
    Of course, I'll leave that up to the RSA and An Garda Siochana
    ha ha ha hahaha hahahaha wake up please

• Registered Users Posts: 28,525 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

McCrack wrote: »
    Because most people have better things to be doing than "reporting" minor road traffic offences.

Except for the few like yourself that are obsessive about it.

I think more busybody and also garda attention needs to be given to the many cyclists that sail through red lights, quite dangerous for the cyclist themselves.

What difference does it make to you whether I have better things to do or not?

Is it not a good thing that dangerous drivers get addressed by the Gardai?

You can divert all the Garda hours you want away from dealing with dangerous drivers to go chasing cyclists. That won't reduce the death toll on the reoad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

What difference does it make to you whether I have better things to do or not?

Is it not a good thing that dangerous drivers get addressed by the Gardai?

You can divert all the Garda hours you want away from dealing with dangerous drivers to go chasing cyclists. That won't reduce the death toll on the reoad.

When you see comments like McCrack's, it not worth looking for answers.
    You'd find better reason in the comments section of TheJournal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement