Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Performing it live on the lls tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I really like that tune and video.
    *Runs away*

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It's a song about how if you mispronounce a name you never heard before, you're a racist father.

Does it feature the line (and Joe Duffy favouite question) "Where are you from originally?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Does it feature the line (and Joe Duffy favouite question) "Where are you from originally?"
    that's the title of her album :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

It's a song about how if you mispronounce a name you never heard before, you're a racist father.

People mispronounce and misspell my surname all the time but seeing it's Irish I can't pull the racist card.

• Advertisement

Performing it live on the lls tonight

Be funny if he fúcked up her name in the introduction. "here's Sharon Choola to play her new song"

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I really like that tune and video.
    *Runs away*

I've heard a couple of her songs. She's a talented writer but the name thing isn't for me.

People named Caoimhe and Einne and Siobheal have it worse and you don't hear them giving out. get over yourself love! :D

Seamai wrote: »
    People mispronounce and misspell my surname all the time but seeing it's Irish I can't pull the racist card.

No, under #WOKERULES you are ENTITLED to be OFFENDED by ANYTHING and no-one can dismiss your claim as ridiculous or they're RACIST.

Get with the programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Be funny if he fúcked up her name in the introduction. "here's Sharon Choola to play her new song"

I've heard a couple of her songs. She's a talented writer but the name thing isn't for me.

People named Caoimhe and Einne and Siobheal have it worse and you don't hear them giving out. get over yourself love! :D

Saoirse ronan has the patience of a saint pretending to laugh every time shes on a talk show in america and they do a segment about her name. Give that lady an oscar!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

‘Chaila’ by Denise Chaila.

Meh, tis no Gloria Estefan.

That song does my head in

Some randomer complaining about ppl not pronouncing her name to her liking or something ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Very very true hadn’t thought of that

I wonder would Denise be able to pronounce Aoibheann, Conchobhar or Sadhbh correctly ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

No, under #WOKERULES you are ENTITLED to be OFFENDED by ANYTHING and no-one can dismiss your claim as ridiculous or they're RACIST.

Get with the programme!

To confound matters I have a Cork accent too, which gets mocked, surely that entitles me to even more.

Wouldn't it be great if Trump ponied up for the platinum package, even if it were too late for the election, and/or outside the intended jurisdiction!

Trump Hotel Doonbeg. Ryan having to do a pseudo-quiz and blurb to promote the virtues of the hotel, with prizes of overnight stays with dinner. I'd love to see him read all that out, including the humble pie for after-dinner desert.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,112 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Did I imagine it, was there no guest on to chat about misery today?

Just a solid hour of him waffling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Seamai wrote: »
    To confound matters I have a Cork accent too, which gets mocked, surely that entitles me to even more.

Google and print some pix of the interior of a disheveled caravan, and claim it as yours. That’ll get some more love your way.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2919e71ac75d9230ed0b9101b60b0c4487c54fafbb&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

telling us about more beautiful moments this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

We have entered the twilight zone

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Another fukin author. They should rename this show'The Book Peddlers Hour'

Gorging on gorgeous bukes

"beautiful" x 10.,000 already.

• Advertisement

"I posted a picture of one of my favourite ever pints"

WTF? Do you go home and rank your pints?

Gorging on gorgeous bukes

Ironically, "delicious" would have been more appropriate following on from "gorging" there. Still incorrect though.

"a very covid-freindly buke and a beautiful distraction"

"a throbbing sadness"

"the darkest darkness"

I can imagine more than one RTE presenter throbbing alright with tales of sadness and the darkest darkness.

Tubs doing a Joe Duffy on it.

9:56 - ad break
    9:58 - back to say "i'm doing lessons for the Toy Show, let's have another ad break - prob. 5-7 seconds on air
    9:58 - ad break
    9:59 - Bye! After mentioning Patrick Freyne's gorgeous buke and some waffle.

Now it's off to Teddy's for a 99. What a life!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,112 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Did I hear that right?
    Did he take an advert break, come back and make a 5sec statement about the toy show then tool another break?

Edit: Butters you beat me to it.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Did I hear that right?
    Did he take an advert break, come back and make a 5sec statement about the toy show then tool another break?

You certainly did. He must have been listening to Mr. Duffy recently, he's also a fan of squeezing 2 ad breaks in back to back in the last 4 minutes of the show.

the double ad break thing is a specialty of his.

Weird introduction to the interview with Patrick Freyne this morning.

We've crossed paths a number of times. Always professionally. Because you've written a few articles in and around - (sentence incomplete). But that's ok. We're still talking, which is good news. There was never any badness in it.

Am I missing something here or is this just gibberish?

Another highlight was the use of the term good-eggery about a kind journalist who doesn't say negative things about anyone or anything ever.

• Advertisement

Weird introduction to the interview with Patrick Freyne this morning.

We've crossed paths a number of times. Always professionally. Because you've written a few articles in and around - (sentence incomplete). But that's ok. We're still talking, which is good news. There was never any badness in it.

Am I missing something here or is this just gibberish?

Another highlight was the use of the term good-eggery about a kind journalist who doesn't say negative things about anyone or anything ever.

He's a TV critic on The Last Word occasionally, though I can't ever remember him saying anything negative about Tubs. He's normally there just to back up Jennifer Gannon on matters #woke and feminazi so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement