Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

This Saturday's "live gig" is EP 2020 - live tracks from a load of bands that would have been playing Electric Picnic this year. Worth a listen, imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Every time I turn on Today FM at the weekend pamela joyce is on?

Is it just me or does anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

She definitely has Phil Cawley’s old slot on a Saturday but she seems to be their go-to person for filling in for anyone who’s out. She’s not the worst in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

She definitely has Phil Cawley’s old slot on a Saturday but she seems to be their go-to person for filling in for anyone who’s out. She’s not the worst in my opinion!

She got three weekend slots in the last shake-up. Friday night, 11-2 on Saturday and 1-4 on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

She has just the right style for day time radio/today Fm. Not overly hyper and can chat to callers easily. A full time weekday slot is imminent I’d say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

She has just the right style for day time radio/today Fm. Not overly hyper and can chat to callers easily. A full time weekday slot is imminent I’d say

She'd make a good replacement for Mairead, although that show's production needs sorting out too. She's on for Paula's maternity leave now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

And if she was to get one - who's would she take? Surely they can't have another swap in for the lunchtime show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

That's what people here said about Miss O'Connell until she got the job:rolleyes:

there's a few other "Pamala's" on the schedule/cover list ?? Am I correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

there's a few other "Pamala's" on the schedule/cover list ?? Am I correct?

There's Pamela Blake, who is a producer.

• Advertisement

There's Pamela Blake, who is a producer.

There's a Paula too??
    sorry it gets confusing sometimes...
    They all sound the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

There's a Paula too??
    They all sound the same.

Paula McSweeney - early morning presenter that Pamela Joyce stood in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

There's a Paula too??
    They all sound the same.

TBH I agree. Off the top of my head there's a Paula, Pamela * 2 and Tara. All of them sound much the same but Pamela Joyce is probably the one you're hearing all the time as she seems to be the go-to holiday cover at the moment.

Ed Smith is the only one in the entire schedule that I can listen to. In fact I sometimes use their listen-back feature to listen to one of his previous shows rather than listen to their daytime crap. Actually Declan Pierce isn't bad either, I like his block-rockin-beats show on Friday evenings.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    TBH I agree. Off the top of my head there's a Paula, Pamela * 2 and Tara. All of them sound much the same but Pamela Joyce is probably the one you're hearing all the time as she seems to be the go-to holiday cover at the moment.

There's a Jessica too.
    It's all very bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

There's a Jessica too.
    It's all very bland.

Jessica is at the wrong station. Sounds definitely be at 2FM the way she goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Anyone listening to ah sure look it on d&d
    Is there any clues? Twitter saying it was won at €2000 but now it’s worth €4000.
    Can’t listen to it today

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

It's a new one today. The one on Friday was you've got to towel your body.

All credit to Irish artists at the end of the day, but the lack of variety is wearing thin. Dermort Kennedy must get played every hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

All credit to Irish artists at the end of the day, but the lack of variety is wearing thin. Dermort Kennedy must get played every hour?

That's a very Gift Grub's Roy Keane thing to state

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

I swear I hear him at least once an hour!

• Advertisement

WATERMELON SUGAR HIIIIIGH

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

That bloody thing is played on every show :mad:
    WATERMELON SUGAR HIIIIIGH

J_A_F_A wrote: »

Yep. It's played every second hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,135 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone know why Amazon Alexa thingee doesn't know Todayfm?

J_A_F_A wrote: »

Hilarious today when a caller was complaining about it to dermot and Dave. They couldn’t really agree with him (but most likely feel the same)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone know why Amazon Alexa thingee doesn't know Todayfm?

You have to say "Today FM from tunein", otherwise you get Tay FM......and that's not somewhere you want to go....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,135 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah heard TayFM for a while the other day!

It used to play Todayfm when I asked. Then stopped.

Hilarious today when a caller was complaining about it to dermot and Dave. They couldn’t really agree with him (but most likely feel the same)

What did the caller say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

NIMAN wrote: »
    Yeah heard TayFM for a while the other day!

It used to play Todayfm when I asked. Then stopped.

Ditch Alexa, get Google Nest!

Though when I asked for Today FM this morning, TuneIn gave me a minute long advert for some American loan company.

Maybe Google knows more about me than I do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

I don't know how recent this is, but was flicking through the stations today and I see Phil Cawley is the drive time presenter on South East Radio. When did that happen? It was nice to hear him in a prime time show

Advertisement