Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unhappy with new BER

Options
  • 16-09-2020 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hey Folks

Is a a bit of rant but maybe you can help.

we have a 3 bed semi-d built 1993ish

had a ber carried out in 2018 using DEAP 3 result was C3.

since then we are carried out the following works.

Solar thermal
    Upgraded all windows from old double glazing to new triple glazing with a u value of .08
    Hive thermstat( not sure if that has any effect)

new BER done last month came back a C2 on DEAP 4.

I contracted SEAI as i hope to get the grant for EWI but i dont think it will hit B2.

they advised get a new boiler which would have an effect but i hope to put a hit pump in a few year so i dont want to put a new boiler in now.

is there anything that can be done about the rating or does it seem correct that it would only go from a C3 to a C2.

Anthony

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hey Folks

Solar thermal
    Upgraded all windows from old double glazing to new triple glazing with a u value of .08

I contracted SEAI as i hope to get the grant for EWI but i dont think it will hit B2.

they advised get a new boiler which would have an effect but i hope to put a hit pump in a few year so i dont want to put a new boiler in now.

is there anything that can be done about the rating or does it seem correct that it would only go from a C3 to a C2.

Anthony

did your new assessor use specific product data, or just default values??

going from DEAP 3 to DEAP 4 isnt going to make any significant difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bobboberson

Hey Syd

I seems to be specific but some seems incorrect, the XML file is hard to read.

there also seems to be a section about shower in which is put no power shower but we only have power showers.

again i could be wrong due to the XML.

SEAI suggest i get a new BER from a different assessor as the most recent one was commissioned by the solar installers

Hey Syd

I seems to be specific but some seems incorrect, the XML file is hard to read.

there also seems to be a section about shower in which is put no power shower but we only have power showers.

again i could be wrong due to the XML.

SEAI suggest i get a new BER from a different assessor as the most recent one was commissioned by the solar installers

theres no xml file with DEAP 4 ??

do you mean the dwelling report pdf ??

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bobboberson

sydthebeat wrote: »
    theres no xml file with DEAP 4 ??

do you mean the dwelling report pdf ??

Not sure what it is then, I asked seai for it, it looks like a XML and it opens in a XML file reader

Not sure what it is then, I asked seai for it, it looks like a XML and it opens in a XML file reader

ah ok.

maybe SEAI can access the xml from the web based system.

from the assessors point of view.... there is no xml file that we can share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hey Folks

Solar thermal

Anthony

One very simple explanation is that the previous was at the D1 end of the C3 scale and the new was at the C1 end of the C2 scale so it could have gone from 220 kWh/m2/yr to 180 kWh/m2/yr, which would be an 18% improvement which isn't shabby. It sounds like one small increment going from C3 to C2 but it's not that straightforward.

I dont think the grant for EWI is dependent on the B2 though, is it?

Advertisement