Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions on improving the look of this roof

Options
  • 15-09-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Just wondering would any of you guys would be able to suggest anything that would improve the look of this roof if and can be done not too extensively. It's more of an aesthetic thing there is no leaks or problems with at the moment other the way it looks. The tile only back to where the lead flashing is. All comments welcome thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Its pretty savage alright, however I suspect its effective

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pasty87

Thats right dogs dinner of jobs alright, to take it off and get doing correctly would cost a mini fortune. perhaps metal cladding run from top the roof to gutter at you least in would be one clean look.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭briaineo

The is a company in Ballymount that does powder coated Aluminium you could put an L shaped piece over the entire run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Thats crude.... but effective.
    Presumably done because the verge pointing was in tatters and the counter flashing on the adjoining roof was never finished properly.
    Personally I'd remove whats there re bed and repoint the verge tiles
    Then insert a counter flashing to the ajoing roof. 1 day 2 lads
    Mostly labour involved insurance a must wouldn't have much change from 1000e labour and materials .

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

If it was my roof, and it was shedding water properly, and only trying to improve the looks on the cheap... I would get some asphalt shingles and tar and cover over the right angle flashing to make it look like it sort of matches the other existing roof shingles.

Otherwise, I would remove it and pay whatever it costs to have it shingled and flashed, maybe a gutter run, done correctly.

But if you just want a cheap cosmetic improvement until it's time to replace the roof I think I'd cover it to sort of match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭con747

Shelly0 wrote: »
    Just wondering would any of you guys would be able to suggest anything that would improve the look of this roof if and can be done not too extensively. It's more of an aesthetic thing there is no leaks or problems with at the moment other the way it looks. The tile only back to where the lead flashing is. All comments welcome thanks in advance

A can of spray paint if it's just the look that bothers you.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shelly0

Thats crude.... but effective.
    Presumably done because the verge pointing was in tatters and the counter flashing on the adjoining roof was never finished properly.
    Personally I'd remove whats there re bed and repoint the verge tiles
    Then insert a counter flashing to the ajoing roof. 1 day 2 lads
    Mostly labour involved insurance a must wouldn't have much change from 1000e labour and materials .

No verge pointing was fine, unfortunately it was just a quick lazy way of doing it. Think we remove and replace

Advertisement