Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Cleaner

Options
  • 08-01-2019 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I need a steam cleaner suitable for tiled floors, tiled walls, furniture, mattresses, etc.
    I live in a hard-water area and the filters in my previous cleaner clogged after only a couple of uses so it wasn't much use to me. Replacement filters are no longer available. I checked out Lidl but replacement filters aren't available for the models they sell either.
    I'd be very grateful for advice on what to buy please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

If you use the steamer only once or twice a year then chuck a 5l bottle of Aldi mineral water in it when you use it. Not as cheap as the tap water but beats buying a new steamer every few years.

I use a karcher sc2 in a very hard water area and don't have to do anything as I have a softener installed. Is a softener a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

I buy distilled/de-ionised water from the Motor Factors.

It's used in car batteries, but it's also recommended for steam cleaners in hard water areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Thank you Roen and Filmer Paradise for your helpful comments.
    I'd be very grateful if other owners of Steam Cleaners would comment on their appliance and recommend what I should buy, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Hi, Am hijacking this older thread ... I am looking for a hand held steam cleaner for cleaning the couch and upholstery - not floors or any other surfaces. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have found a few highly recommended ones online but they are either real expensive or out of stock. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You are really only likely to use a steam cleaner once a year at most. Why not just hire one of the machines you can get in diy stores etc - do carpets, rugs, upholstery. I have had a couple of steam cleaners - hand held ones - and they were generally rubbish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement