Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silvia....whats it worth

Options
  • 05-05-2021 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi
    I am buying a new machine in the next few weeks and I will be selling my Rancilio Silvia, but I havent a clue what it is worth.
    It is the V1 version and about 15 years old. It has been a fantastic machine, however there are a few issues. It still makes an excellent shot. Visually the machine looks perfect, there is some small surface rust under the drip tray but it is very very small and structurally sound.
    The problems I have are
    1. The lights on the power, coffee and hot water buttons do not work. (thermostat and steam lights do work)
    2. Steam is good however I think there is a problem with the steam thermostat because it does sound like it over boils if the steam button is left turned on.

I have the original double & single baskets, portafilter and tamper with the machine. I replaced the thermostats & the head gasket recently.
    If someone is handy with electronics Id said it could be fixed up for small money.
    Is €200 a reasonable price for this?

Regards
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Probably a little on the high side. I paid approx €200 for mine, and aside from a good cleaning, it was perfect. Yours sounds very repairable, but you're probably still looking at an additional €50 in parts. After 15 years, some of the consumables (rubber hosings, gaskets, etc may need to be replaced, if you haven't done it. I'd be shooting for 150, on the basis that someone could have it up and running for 200 quid. But you never know! Try €200 and see where it lands!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

Probably a little on the high side. I paid approx €200 for mine, and aside from a good cleaning, it was perfect. Yours sounds very repairable, but you're probably still looking at an additional €50 in parts. After 15 years, some of the consumables (rubber hosings, gaskets, etc may need to be replaced, if you haven't done it. I'd be shooting for 150, on the basis that someone could have it up and running for 200 quid. But you never know! Try €200 and see where it lands!

Thanks.
    You are probably correct. I’d let it go for 150 (maybe a few € less for someone in here).

Hi, I am dusting off an old thread of mine.

I bought a new machine last June and I am now planning on upgrading my grinder. So... my plan is to sell my silvia and Rocky grinder. The Silvia is exactly as described above and the Rocky grinder is spotless, I put new burrs into it last April so it is working great.

Anyone on here interested in it? Ill probably advertise for 300 and that would leave room for some haggling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

How much are you asking for the Rocky Grinder please?

Sorry, I only saw your reply now. The new forum doesnt seem to email notifications!

Id prefer to keep them as a pair at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Interesting. Someone sold one on adverts in perfect conditions for like 100 quid. The scramble for it was nuts. I think they were one of these folk who buys something, gets bored and buys something shinier.

100 would be a great price for a rocky. The are a seriously reliable and solid grinder.

Advertisement