Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post parcel lost

Options
  • 04-05-2021 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

ranger4

Hello I recently sent a parcel to the North from an post with Registered post and Tracking and on the 4th day i checked tracking number which states delivery has been made all good i thought untill today when the person who bought item from me in north says they have not recieved the item?
    I have contacted an post in dublin and they say they will contact back with info tomorrow however how can a signed upon delivery item which has been marked down for delivery not have arrived? I asked name of person who signed for delivery along with northern carriour who is supposed to make delivery and awaiting info
    Question, Would i be correct in believing i have met my obligations for delivery which was confirmed by delivery tracking info and not liable for repaying cost of item or if item has been stolen am i still expected to return amount paid even with proof of Registered sign for delivery along with delivery confirmation from an post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It depends on what they come back with. If the buyer didn't sign for it then you'll have to make good on it. It's between yourself and An Post to sort it to the satisfaction of the buyer - unless you can prove without doubt that the buyer is scamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Thanks Jim
    Hopefully parcel turns up however how can a tracked delivery with Signature upon delivery to show proof of delivery then tracking message confirming delivery in nort has taken place be fault of sender or buyer assuming buyer genuine surely an post should be able to trace who signed for parcel upon delivery ifnot they should be the ones who pay full value of sent item not sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

ranger4 wrote: »
    ranger4

Hello I recently sent a parcel to the North from an post with Registered post and Tracking and on the 4th day i checked tracking number which states delivery has been made all good i thought untill today when the person who bought item from me in north says they have not recieved the item?
    I have contacted an post in dublin and they say they will contact back with info tomorrow however how can a signed upon delivery item which has been marked down for delivery not have arrived? I asked name of person who signed for delivery along with northern carriour who is supposed to make delivery and awaiting info
    Question, Would i be correct in believing i have met my obligations for delivery which was confirmed by delivery tracking info and not liable for repaying cost of item or if item has been stolen am i still expected to return amount paid even with proof of Registered sign for delivery along with delivery confirmation from an post.

login to royal mail website or parcel force and check the status of parcel whereabouts. If you gave no value for the parcel you won't get any refund except postage cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Assuming it was a small/medium parcel, royal mail would have done delivery.

It might also have been put in a safe place or with a neighbor.

The tracking should have the name of the person who took it in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

ranger4 wrote: »
    Thanks Jim
    Hopefully parcel turns up however how can a tracked delivery with Signature upon delivery to show proof of delivery then tracking message confirming delivery in nort has taken place be fault of sender or buyer assuming buyer genuine surely an post should be able to trace who signed for parcel upon delivery ifnot they should be the ones who pay full value of sent item not sender.

Nobody is signing for parcels since Covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

I entered the tracking number since last week into royal mail tracking no info appears also i believe dpd also deliver in north for an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

If the purchaser hasn't received the item, then you have to refund them. It's not their issue that your chosen delivery agent has lost the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

An post showing it as delivered is not proof it was correctly delivered.

Advertisement