Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best items to give away to promote your business?

Options
  • 01-05-2021 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭

Bottle openers with your company name and number on? t shirts?

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Drinking bottles, re-usable lidded coffee/tea cups?
    But your details not too ‘in your face’. Who wants a mug that says
    “For all your roofing needs”, unless is it vibrant and jokey.
    Pens always hanging around on desks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Pads of shopping list reminders ?

With individual boxes to tick for Bread, Milk, Tea/Coffee, Juice, Fruit, Veg. Meats, Desserts, Biscuits, Cereals, Sauces, Pasta/Rice, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Off the top of my head

Branded

bottle opener for your keys
    Usb sticks
    Water bottles
    Mouse pads
    Pens
    Notebooks
    Diaries
    T shirts
    Jackets
    Mobile phone covers

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think wall calendars work really well

Cheap too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Good quality pens.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Trolley token key rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Bottle openers with your company name and number on? t shirts?

Any other ideas?

Depends on your target market. Bottle openers aren't something a lawyer or accountant is likely to want on their keyring that clients may see and they certainly won't wear a t-shirt in the office. IT professionals more likely to want those.

My favourites are:
    Reusable tea/coffee cup.
    Pens. Can never have enough pens.
    Diary and notebooks
    USB sticks in the past but I don't use them any more.

Probably the cheapest but most effective little thing I've seen are those stick on webcam covers. Give out some of those with your logo on them and clients will stick them on their laptop webcams. Then in the Zoom world your brand is right in their line of sight several times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Desk pads and pens.
    Balloons with your message (for kids).
    Reflector stickers for bicycles with logo.
    Fridge magnets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I saw a company giving away bag for life shopping bags. good quality bags and their logo plastered on both sides. That was a good one I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

It really depends on what your business is, and more importantly who your customer is and when you want them to think of you.

So, for example, if you're a food takeaway - It would be great to get something that people are going to stick up somewhere in the kitchen on the fridge.... So for example - a branded magnetic Shopping List/Whiteboard thingy. I (as the customer) am motivated to stick it on the fridge as it's a good idea to have something like that there and you (as the business) are happy because I have your brand in my face every time I think of eating something and going to the fridge.

But, if you are a B2B business that's probably no good.... so you're selling Office supplies... Well then I want something that someone in an office will leave on their desk.... A pen holder etc

So basically, before you think about what to give away, think about who your customers actually are and when you want them to think of you, and then get something based on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 GaroldCrash22

You say all the right things. I support you completely in every word you say. I would only recommend that everyone always strive to improve and try to optimise your business. I think a good e-commerce platform can help you do that. I think you should start getting to know all the information you need about those platforms now. I am sure that every successful business has its own website now. And especially if it is an online shop, the e-commerce platform is a must. I personally have an online shop, I sell household goods. In fact, I am very happy to have come across a platform like Shopware. If you want to know what is shopware, I recommend you read all the necessary information here.

Advertisement