Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Equipment

Options
  • 01-04-2021 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

Hey, I’m gonna get back home brewing this weekend, been a good few years since my equipment has been used so it heeds a good clean. I don’t have any home brew specific cleaners to hand so what’s the best household cleaner available in the shops to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

dylbert wrote: »
    Hey, I’m gonna get back home brewing this weekend, been a good few years since my equipment has been used so it heeds a good clean. I don’t have any home brew specific cleaners to hand so what’s the best household cleaner available in the shops to use?

Any un-perfumed oxi-action type product (sodium percarbonate) in hot water to soak and clean.

You will also need to sanitize after cleaning. You can use unperfumed bleach in water that has had its pH reduced to sanitise. You will find recipes on Google (ref. Charlie Talley recipe). Just do NOT mix bleach directly with any pH reducing compound, such as vinegar, citric acid etc. Put the pH reducing compound into the water FIRST then add the bleach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

Thanks, I have some StarSan for sanitising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

If you're near a Dealz, Mr Price or equivalent, i find this stuff very good... Un-perfumed and cheap as chips..

https://www.dealz.ie/396136-astonish-oxy-active-plus-stain-remover-powder-500g/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

Perfect, have a Dealz close by.

Advertisement