Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 litre Beer Keg

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Seen some in Supervalu last night, think they were Whitehag, but were a daft price @ e38 for 5l.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Are the 5 litre kegs worth it, I have awful memories as an 18 year old buying those stupid Heineken kegs and half the thing would end up as foam. Do these ones work well? I have been staring at the White Hag website thinking about buying one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're a novelty. You will likely get more value from buying the same quantity of cans tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

L1011 wrote: »
    They're a novelty. You will likely get more value from buying the same quantity of cans tbh

This.
    5liter Kegs, growers, draught set ups......
    They all work out dearer than buying cans!

I have spent way too much on Lambic beer boxes, though! But there's no cheaper can alternative.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

This.
    5liter Kegs, growers, draught set ups......
    They all work out dearer than buying cans!

I agree. And at least you know the last can/bottle will be as fresh and carbonated as the first.

I'm sure the breweries must love shifting 5 litres to one customer though, compared to the usual pick and mix I imagine most craft beer drinkers would do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Unhappyinjob

I purchased 4 5l kegs from the German site last Monday. I paid by bank transfer. On my account it still says not payed and not shipped. Should I be worried?

I purchased 4 5l kegs from the German site last Monday. I paid by bank transfer. On my account it still says not payed and not shipped. Should I be worried?

Had the money left your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Unhappyinjob

Yeah paid on Monday by bank transfer.

Yeah paid on Monday by bank transfer.

I'd be getting on to the Germans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Mines the same, 2 weeks now, paid by PayPal.
    Still has the pay now option on the order number.
    I'll mail them tomorrow, let them know I'll open a claim with PayPal, see what the say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

The Mulk wrote: »
    Mines the same, 2 weeks now, paid by PayPal.
    Still has the pay now option on the order number.
    I'll mail them tomorrow, let them know I'll open a claim with PayPal, see what the say.

Same as yourself,I ordered 31 may,paid with PayPal,on account it's says pay now, order not shipped,keep us informed if u hear anything back

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Mine is the same, ordered May 29th.

Sent them a mail few days ago, no reply.

Have opened a claim with PayPal to see if I can get a response.

reaper180 wrote: »
    Same as yourself,I ordered 31 may,paid with PayPal,on account it's says pay now, order not shipped,keep us informed if u hear anything back

Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's a little "show order" link on the bottom right when you log into your account and look at the order. That'll bring up the shipping information, it's not obvious anything has happened until you click in there.
    Mine still shows in progress but I've most of it drank..

There's a little "show order" link on the bottom right when you log into your account and look at the order. That'll bring up the shipping information, it's not obvious anything has happened until you click in there.

Mine says not shipped when I click into the order. The "pay now" tab is still active too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

A work in progress!!
    Ordered 4 June, nothing doing either under the "show order".
    Be nice to get it this week, looking forward to a few Fruh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I messed up venting mine and when I came home loads of beer was on top. Still tasted delicious but will have to buy another.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I see that even Brehon have mini kegs out now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Seen some in Supervalu last night, think they were Whitehag, but were a daft price @ e38 for 5l.

Picked up one of these of Little Fawn and drank on Saturday evening.

While the price looks steep, the equivalent litres of beer would cost you €37.50 (assuming you got 4 for €10 in the cans). So an extra 50c for having your own mini keg and feeling slightly like you are in a bar.

I didn't think it was very different to the beer from the can but I would definitely get one of them again, brilliant for a bit of a novelty. Extremely simple to use and no waste from the pour either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Ordered some of the rising sons sunbeam mini kegs for the weekend, collecting later in the week so will report back!

• Advertisement

Mine is the same, ordered May 29th.

Sent them a mail few days ago, no reply.

Have opened a claim with PayPal to see if I can get a response.

Any response?

Any response?

Nothing yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭garrettod

Nothing yet...

So much for German efficiency....

A friend had been buying wine and port from a website in Portugal. All was going well for a while, he got a few shipments delivered, then things went quiet with an order pending, next thing it was cancelled and the website updated to say that they didn't ship to Ireland anymore. When he called them, they said it was due to Irish tax issues.

Thanks,

G.

So checked my order this morning and its finally coming up as shipped!

Anyone know how long from shipping to home delivery time?

So checked my order this morning and its finally coming up as shipped!

Anyone know how long from shipping to home delivery time?

Mines the same green light on the order tab this morning
    Ordered on the 31st May

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swardy1

The Mulk wrote: »
    Mines the same green light on the order tab this morning
    Ordered on the 31st May

Checked the website this morning & same for me. Ordered on the 20th May.

4th of June, still not shipped:-(

Supervalu Celbridge have the mini kegs of Veltins Pilsner for €25.
    As well as some craft stuff for €35

Kegs are with An Post, happy days!��

• Advertisement

Just received mine, (along with a complimentary toy truck)

Happy days

Advertisement