Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint account with Credit Union

Options
  • 04-05-2021 10:02am

Hi All.

Does anyone have a joint account with the Credit Union.

If so, how has your experience been with them? Are the rates competitive?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

It'll depend on what kind of loan facility you're looking for, all Credit Unions set their own rates, and not all offer mortgages for example

Thanks for the reply Spocker.

I'll be taking out my mortgage with a separate bank. I just want the mortgage to be extracted from a joint account with the Credit Union.

The Credit Union does not have many charges compared to the pillar banks, so I was wondering if I'm missing anything major. Surely something cannot be this good!

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Nope you're not missing anything, the biggest charge is the €4 monthly fee for the current account (if you open one), after that theres not much in the way of charges

Spocker wrote: »
    It'll depend on what kind of loan facility you're looking for, all Credit Unions set their own rates, and not all offer mortgages for example
    Spocker wrote: »
    Nope you're not missing anything, the biggest charge is the €4 monthly fee for the current account (if you open one), after that theres not much in the way of charges

Wow! Fantastic. The Credit Union should advertise more often as these rates are very competitive!

Advertisement