Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temporary Wage Subsidy liabilty for Self Employed

• 09-05-2021 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

A person has PAYE Employment and also farms part-time thus must file a Form 11 Tax Return. There is a liability for the Temporary Wage Subsidy from the PAYE employment. When filing the Form 11 how can the temporary Wage subsidy liability be deferred over 4 years? The employer is not paying the Wage Subsidy liability.
    Has anyone dealt with Revenue on this issue yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭collsoft

Thats a good question, and one I have not seen answered before.

Im primarily dealing with regular PAYE workers wages rather than self employed so I dont know the answer to your question, but I will ask Revenue for you when I speak with them next Friday.

I might not get an answer straight away, but I will let you know when I do.
    A person has PAYE Employment and also farms part-time thus must file a Form 11 Tax Return. There is a liability for the Temporary Wage Subsidy from the PAYE employment. When filing the Form 11 how can the temporary Wage subsidy liability be deferred over 4 years? The employer is not paying the Wage Subsidy liability.
    Has anyone dealt with Revenue on this issue yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The world over

collsoft wrote: »
    Thats a good question, and one I have not seen answered before.

Im primarily dealing with regular PAYE workers wages rather than self employed so I dont know the answer to your question, but I will ask Revenue for you when I speak with them next Friday.

I might not get an answer straight away, but I will let you know when I do.

Thanks for that Collsoft. I can't seem to get an answer on any of the Revenue briefings. I'd imagine it will be a common issue when Tax Return season gets into full swing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I think you can apply to have it parked under the debt warehousing scheme.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I think you can apply to have it parked under the debt warehousing scheme.

When filing the Form 11 do you just leave it out of the PAYE Employment Section as the Temporary Wage Subsidy amount is requested in that area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/twss/twss-tax-liability-paid-by-your-employer.aspx

I had also been wondering about this and Revenue have just today issued clarification on this. See the part towards the end :-

Collection of liabilities for self-assessed taxpayers and proprietary directors
    You are not eligible to have your TWSS liabilities collected by Revenue by reducing your tax credits over 4 years:

if you are a self-assessed taxpayer
    or

a proprietary director.
    This also applies in jointly assessed cases where your spouse is self-assessed or is a proprietary director.

Self-assessed taxpayers and proprietary directors have access to debt warehousing. If you are ineligible for debt warehousing please contact the Collector General to discuss payment options.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Stratvs. It certainly isn't an ideal solution as practitioners are left to arrange the Debt Warehousing which won't be straight forward.

Advertisement