Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The secretary of LLC.

Options
  • 04-05-2021 2:31pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Registering LLC this week for some business ideas I want to get to and running (close now).

It’s just me at the moment but I need a company secretary. The company who are ordering the company suggest I just add my wife. She had no business experience.

Is this a bad idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Most small businesses do the same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Did you go with a company formations company or get an accountant to set it up?

My advice to anyone (possibly too late for you if you went with the former) would be to find a good accountant as you will need them anyway and get them to look after the company formations part of it.

Most will also provide a service then where they can be listed as the company secretary for a nominal fee each month and its peace of mind having them looking after the accounts and on top of anything you might not be aware of when having a family member in the role as secretary. While your wife could be listed for the sake of handiness I would consider having your accountant be the role as most of the duties that a secretary would be expected to do align with those of your accountant anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Axwell wrote: »
    Did you go with a company formations company or get an accountant to set it up?

My advice to anyone (possibly too late for you if you went with the former) would be to find a good accountant as you will need them anyway and get them to look after the company formations part of it.

Most will also provide a service then where they can be listed as the company secretary for a nominal fee each month and its peace of mind having them looking after the accounts and on top of anything you might not be aware of when having a family member in the role as secretary. While your wife could be listed for the sake of handiness I would consider having your accountant be the role as most of the duties that a secretary would be expected to do align with those of your accountant anyways.

Hey Axwell, I haven't yet and am looking for an accountant today.

Advertisement