Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 litre Beer Keg

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

have you got that piece connected to anything when you are pushing it down into the keg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishGaz

Hi Got my 4 x Veltin 5l kegs via AnPost. Post man said its a bit heavy and also didn't get any additional charges charges Vat was on receipt of about 16euro. and delivery charges, About 17euro a can it work out. 67euro for 4. took a week. did bank transfer from email details their system sent and put order number in ref on payment.

Also to add these are going into a beer dispenser with CO2 cylinders I mentioned in the previous posts some time back. Keeps the kegs fresh for a number of days or till empty.

galtee boy wrote: »
    I tried the Krombacher keg from Supervalu recently, I found the first night I opened it, it dispensed beautiful draft tasting pints, I don't drink a lot in a session, about 3 pints. Second night, a few more pints, still very nice, third night, there was maybe two pints left in keg and it was gone flat and didn't taste nice at all. Buddies have told me the kegs are designed for parties etc, where the full keg is drank in one session.

This is pretty much it. There's two tabs...one for the beer and one for the gas, which can be opened or closed, as you see fit. There is enough gas in the keg to keep it carbonated for the full 10 cans or 9 pints or whatever.

I find, however, that it's such a PITA trying to get the first few pints out without it turning to foam, that you're better off releasing a good dollop of the gas around the same time you open the tap to dispense the beer.

You're really supposed to find the sweetspot where you're not releasing too much gas but that the beer flows freely. this is pretty much impossible to do without wasting AT LEAST a pint. At least. If you try the softly softly apporach, the beer is being squeezed through a tiny opening and immediately turns to suds. So, the easiest way I've found is:

Open the bottom, beer-dispensing tab and pull the spigot out
    Get ready to twist that tab to the 'fully open' position (not yet though)
    Twist the gas tab at the top to about a quarter open, you'll hear some gas escaping but don't worry.
    Then twist the bottom tab open like you practiced in step 2.....It's important to get it fully open
    The beer should start flowing like you'd expect. If it's crazy gassy and foaming, you didn't open the gas tab enough

It's nigh on impossible to open it too much, so don't be afraid. This does waste a bit of the gas so you are better off trying to drain it one session, or two at the most. The ones I've tried to use properly ended up leaking gas overnight anyway, so they were still flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭maniac2003

have you got that piece connected to anything when you are pushing it down into the keg?

No do not

maniac2003 wrote: »
    No do not

Any videos online of how to do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

9 white deer did a video of the 5l kegs with the red tabs

https://youtu.be/Ux5avC0dMBU

has anyone ordered off beir wein in last few weeks? I see the website is undergoing maintenance

Looks to be gone, anyone other recommendations for buying kegs online?

Bumping this as no replies. Have had a good look around but postage is putting the avg price of a keg north of 25 euro each, anyone had any luck finding a good supplier?

• Advertisement

Anywhere in limerick selling the 5l kegs?

Anyone still buying these or have an alternative to bier wein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

I bought 5 litre kegs from this company years ago, at the time paid though paypal.

5 litre beer keg | Beer gift for parties | Jürgen Nitschke Untergruppenbach Heilbronn - Funfass Online Shop

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

wrong thread

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Advertisement