Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilfa svart grinder - strange noise

Options
  • 14-04-2021 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi there

I have a Wilfa Svart grinder. Its started making a strange noise on its finest setting. Its not the screeching noise that I see others commenting on but a slow and laboured noise as if the motor is struggling.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Is it possible that the burrs are touching or are you grinding too fine?

In other words do you need to grind at the finest setting for the coffee you are brewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

try cleaning it out, there could be an oily build up or fine residue from the beans

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jmark

Hi Adrian & Hodors Appletart

Thanks for the replies

I'm grinding for an espresso machine - so it's just about fine enough at the finest setting.

(I grind for filter in the afternoon, and it seems to be working grand.)

I've cleared it out and brushed out the residue as far as I can see it. I haven't disassembled the central burr for fear of putting it out of alignment or something to that effect.

Advertisement