Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19 testing Mayo

Options
  • 20-03-2020 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭

I wonder if ppl wouldn't mind posting their experience of testing in Mayo.

1. Where are the testing areas located.

2. How long have you been waiting to be called once your GP put you on the list.

3. How were you notified to be called and how much time were you given to show up once notified.

3. How long did you spend at the designated testing area.

5. Any other info you might think worth mentioning.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Testing currently in the staff carpark at Mayo University Hospital. It looks like they're moving fast enough. Local media have stories on how the new swimming pool complex at Lough Lannagh will be used. That makes sense if it's drive through testing as it has a large roundabout at entrance, carparking for tents, etc and a good sized route around the building with plenty of space as it was designed to allow the turning and parking of buses.

As for referrals and waiting time I've no idea. Wishing everyone good health.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Lough lannagh swimming pool complex has been used for the last two days for testing. About 22-24 tests performed there by PHN's on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Been waiting a week but got a text today saying it's been cancelled. My symptoms are gone now so it make's no difference. Didn't fancy it anyway. Some say the nose swab is quite uncomfortable.

Apparently there are kits in production in the UK where you can submit a blood sample where they can tell if you have had it. I.e. antibodies. That would be valuable to know for those who had symptoms. Not sure if anything like this is in the pipeline in Ireland yet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Supposedly a drive through testing centre at McHale park now.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Supposedly a drive through testing centre at McHale park now.

Walked by it yesterday evening. Lots of bollards and tents up in the carpark infront of An Sportlann. It's supposedly opening Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Dudda wrote:
    Walked by it yesterday evening. Lots of bollards and tents up in the carpark infront of An Sportlann. It's supposedly opening Monday.

They will hardly have two on the go in Castlebar?

I think it depends on the amount of 'Test Bays' and not the amount of locations.

In Croke Park it looks from the video I saw online it had at least 8 test bays or places cars stopped and were tested.

In Galway at the airport it has 9 test bays according to the RTE news website.

I'd say the location at Lough Lannagh and McHale Park have probably two each. You might fit three at McHale Park but can't imaging you'd fit 3 at the swimming pool. That's a guess as I haven't got close nor do I intend to get close to either to check. That would be four test bays in Castlebar covering a lot of Mayo. If you had a much bigger carpark or unused airport in Castlebar that you could fit more test bays into then you wouldn't need two locations.

That's my assumption but don't have any direct involvement or experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭peter4918

My understanding of it is McHale park is drive through only so Lough Lannagh location is still required for people that need testing that do not have a car. Makes sense really.

Advertisement