Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone mast at Breaffy GAA

Options
  • 18-03-2020 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Trouble Brewing for Breaffy GAA who have allowed Shared Ascess to apply for planning for a 80 foot phone mast at their grounds in Breaffy All local residents up in Arms and cant blame them 80 foot mast only 250 meters from the school and only 10/15 meters from some dwellings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Knex123 wrote: »
    Trouble Brewing for Breaffy GAA who have allowed Shared Ascess to apply for planning for a 80 foot phone mast at their grounds in Breaffy All local residents up in Arms and cant blame them 80 foot mast only 250 meters from the school and only 10/15 meters from some dwellings

Welcome to the forum.

What's wrong with masts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Knex123

i hear fraud squad are in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Fair play to them. The community needs better connectivity.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wha?

I think someone has been self-isolating for too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Won't go ahead if all the objections are submitted. Pity for the Club as it could have helped them pay a manager to get them to another County quarter final for a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

PARlance wrote: »
    Won't go ahead if all the objections are submitted. Pity for the Club as it could have helped them pay a manager to get them to another County quarter final for a year or so.

Not necessary. Now I haven't looked at the planning files and don't know anything about this proposal but from a planning application perspective (which I deal with daily) it doesn't matter how many objections are received. Planning isn't a popularity contest with who gets the most votes or submissions. I've got planning on several projects which have received objections. If the application is valid, contains all the necessary details and complies with planning regulations it gets approval.

Otherwise things like the incinerator at Poolbeg in Dublin would have never have gotten planning permission.

The correct legal route will be followed by the local planning authority. If someone disagrees with their decision they can bring it to An Bord Pleanála. For anyone who has issues or concerns you do need to submit a submission within a required time frame as you can't bring it to An Bord Pleanála if you haven't previously objected at local authority level. You will have to pay a small admin fee.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note: So be careful on where you are going here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Signing up to spread rumours isn't on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I wonder is it a 5G mast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Breaffy GAA withdraw their planning application. Took heed of local residents. Fair play.

Statement on their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭blackbox

PARlance wrote: »
    Breaffy GAA withdraw their planning application. Took heed of local residents. Fair play.

Statement on their Facebook page.

A loss to the GAA and the local community.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

blackbox wrote: »
    A loss to the GAA and the local community.

Some farmer beside the new road is going to gain.

Advertisement