Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlebar fuel prices

Options
  • 23-08-2019 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

whats with the 5c difference in fuel prices in castlebar vs claremorris/ballindine.

maxol castlebar 135.9
    corrib oil castlebar 135.9
    forgot to look at the other circle k on the breaffy road.

top n17 131.5 the same in ballindine 2 stations

the corrib oil depot was 128. 9 the jones ones 127.8

thats a big difference really.

seems very fish the fuel prices in castlebar all seem to be the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Pumps.ie website and app used to be great for comparing this type of thing but the developer lost interest I think. Not sure what people use now.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ethical

Castlebar town always has a 5c premium (for whatever reason),Cosgraves ,out the Westport Road however is usually 5 c lower per litre petrol ,diesel and is probably the best value in the County town.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ethical wrote: »
    Castlebar town always has a 5c premium (for whatever reason),Cosgraves ,out the Westport Road however is usually 5 c lower per litre petrol ,diesel and is probably the best value in the County town.

is that a price fixing cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

Ballinrobe is as bad. Most people don't even look at the price. Boom is back.. too busy !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

ethical wrote: »

Cheaper indeed, but doesn't have the best reputation for quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

etxp wrote: »
    Cheaper indeed, but doesn't have the best reputation for quality.

Bullsh*t:rolleyes:

It's been caught out by the nasi where you weren't getting a litre. Secondly it been caught out twice where the delivery has gone into to the wrong tank. Meaning petrol in diesel cars and breakdowns all over the place.

The corrib oil depot in Claremorris have removed the 24hr outdoor pump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

I have found at Applegreen pumps, that you cant actually feel (for want of a better word) the fuel coming out of the pump until at least 20 or 30 cent has ran up on the screen? Is this just me? If true it seems very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

irishgeo wrote: »
    It's been caught out by the nasi where you weren't getting a litre. Secondly it been caught out twice where the delivery has gone into to the wrong tank. Meaning petrol in diesel cars and breakdowns all over the place.

The corrib oil depot in Claremorris have removed the 24hr outdoor pump.

The wrong tank delivery was an error by a delivery driver.

What was the punishment by the NASI?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Maxol Castlebar is now cheaper than it was last week before the budget!

• Advertisement

elderberry wrote: »
    Maxol Castlebar is now cheaper than it was last week before the budget!

Its totally bonkers. Circle k monopoly in the town doesnt help.

Cant understand why we dont have an applegreen

Galway applegreen has now returned down to the price it was before the budget.

not relevant to castlebar I know, but there must be a drop in oil price for this drop so everywhere would go down you would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Is the Applegreen on the turlough road junction dead at this stage.? Heard they were moving in there but nothing since..
    The price being charged by the Castlebar stations is outrageous. If Galway petrol stations can charge lower prices in a city, there should be no premium for buying it in Castlebar...

UsBus wrote: »
    Is the Applegreen on the turlough road junction dead at this stage.? Heard they were moving in there but nothing since..
    The price being charged by the Castlebar stations is outrageous. If Galway petrol stations can charge lower prices in a city, there should be no premium for buying it in Castlebar...

Maxol Castlebar was 131.9 Sunday, cheapest in Galway city that I have seen this week is 132.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

etxp wrote: »
    Maxol Castlebar was 131.9 Sunday, cheapest in Galway city that I have seen this week is 132.9.

Funny you should mention that. I filled up at a Mail station in Co. Galway last Sunday when diesel had dropped to 128.9. The following morning it was back up to 132.9. Have heard from a number of people that stations are trying out substantial drops to entice people in at certain periods. Sunday morning is obviously a quiet time, & people filling up might buy coffee, breakfast etc. once they are in the shop.. I haven't seen any drops in Castlebar stations other than Cosgraves..

I've heard of this before with Applegreen, they drop it at night by a cent or 2 and raise it again in the morning. Never witnessed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

UsBus wrote: »
    Funny you should mention that. I filled up at a Mail station in Co. Galway last Sunday when diesel had dropped to 128.9. The following morning it was back up to 132.9. Have heard from a number of people that stations are trying out substantial drops to entice people in at certain periods. Sunday morning is obviously a quiet time, & people filling up might buy coffee, breakfast etc. once they are in the shop.. I haven't seen any drops in Castlebar stations other than Cosgraves..

Don't give them ideas... can see them deciding to raise prices at certain periods rather than dropping them.

Advertisement