Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to present medical at embassy for z visa application?

Options
  • 16-02-2016 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I was required to submit my original medical form to my employer in China in order to get the invitation letter and work permit. I was just wondering if I also need to submit it at the embassy in Dublin? I didn't need it last time (about a year and a half ago) but things change. I would appreciate any info from those who have applied for the z visa recently!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 claireMk4

Hi dawn

Just wondering how you got on at the embassy?

We are thinking of entering on an L visa as it seems to take so long to get the documents for the Z?

If you have any info on how long it took or what company you went with it would be greatly appreciated as its quite hard to get any info!

Thanks in advance,

Claire.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dawnbuckley

Well, I didn't need the medical at the embassy in the end. My employer will only take you on a z visa, and I would say a lot of employers will. You then need to change your z visa into a residence permit within a month of arrival (I just got mine) so I don't know what the case would be if you come on an L visa.
    If you plan to work here, I'd go with the z visa even if it takes a while.

Advertisement