Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claremorris Hotels

Options
  • 15-11-2019 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi guys, anybody recommend a nice hotel in Claremorris town? I've looked at reviews on some in Mayo and they're not great. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The McWilliam Park is the only one I can think of.
    It’s decent for the price I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

kilk wrote: »
    Hi guys, anybody recommend a nice hotel in Claremorris town? I've looked at reviews on some in Mayo and they're not great. TIA

Is it Mayo in general or particularly Claremorris??

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭kilk

Is it Mayo in general or particularly Claremorris??

Kiltimagh, Claremorris, Knock, Ballyhaunis area. For an elderly couple, Claremorris would suit best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the mc William probably your best bet, most modern in claremorris, lifts etc.

Probably has some good midweek breaks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

The McWilliam can be very loud with country music events etc.. Food quality is inconsistent. I certainly wouldn't recommend it for an elderly couple. I presume you've looked at Tripadvisor. Check out some of the poor reviews and you'll get a feel for the place.

I'd recommend Knock House Hotel. It's a little pricey but if this couple want somewhere quiet and relaxing, then it's good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Lissavane wrote: »
    The McWilliam can be very loud with country music events etc.. Food quality is inconsistent. I certainly wouldn't recommend it for an elderly couple. I presume you've looked at Tripadvisor. Check out some of the poor reviews and you'll get a feel for the place.

I'd recommend Knock House Hotel. It's a little pricey but if this couple want somewhere quiet and relaxing, then it's good.

Very doubtful there will be shows and/or weddings on in the McWilliam midweek

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yew_tree wrote: »
    Very doubtful there will be shows and/or weddings on in the McWilliam midweek

Thursday nights used to be popular for country music nights, you know because the grass verges would be destroyed by tyre marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

McWilliam... The good ole park n ride as it's known.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭kilk

Lissavane wrote: »

Unfortunately Knock House Hotel is booked out for the dates needed. Thanks anyhow.

Advertisement