Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourist Visa and Criminal Record

Options
  • 23-07-2016 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hello

I am hoping to go to China in either September, October or November as a tourist. I was arrested 10 years ago for a personal drug offense. I received a 1 year peace bond in that if I stay out of trouble for 1 year I will not recieve a conviction (of which I did not). This was my only discretion.

When Applying for a Visa there is a question that says "Do you have a criminal record in China or any other country?". To be honest, I am not sure if I even have a record. I am sure my discretion is recorded somewhere. I certainly do not have a conviction.

I do not want to book flights and have my Visa refused of which I would probably not be able to recoup the cost of the flight.

Advertisement