Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The world seems a bit weirder....

Options
  • 15-08-2018 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/07/13/adtech_for_funtimes_spinner_creepy_advertising/

So the basic gist of this is targeted advertising. We've all heard of the way that people can pay facebook to target certain ads at certain demographics. This brings it a step further.

The idea is that you get your missus to click on a link which installs cookies on their device. Those cookies generate advertisements on the "targets" browser which encourage them to have sex.
    So essentially you're targeting your spouse with advertisements for sex and sexual acts that you hope they will then do.

Who the fcuk thought that up? It's creepy in a way I never thought existed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Advertising is evil?

I'm shocked and appalled.

yvan eht nioj

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭emo72

I'm bombarded with ads of desperate women living close to me who want to meet up. Maybe my wife is trying to get rid of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

emo72 wrote: »
    I'm bombarded with ads of desperate women living close to me who want to meet up. Maybe my wife is trying to get rid of me.

Desperate singles in your area? I think we live in the same neighbourhood :D

emo72 wrote: »
    Grayson wrote: »
    Desperate singles in your area? I think we live in the same neighbourhood :D

A lot seem to be from "NULL". Anyone know where that is? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

verycool wrote: »
    A lot seem to be from "NULL". Anyone know where that is? :pac:

Leitrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

All I know is that people in Kildare are making 1,000 a day using one simple trick. Pity I live in cork :(

I love the stereotyping in that advert. Husbands target wives to get them to put out or get freakier, wives can target husbands to get them to mop the floors.

It's all so evolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Candie wrote: »
    I love the stereotyping in that advert. Husbands target wives to get them to put out or get freakier, wives can target husbands to get them to mop the floors.

It's all so evolved.

Whereas for Irish people the advert would be the same for both people, Go make the tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It seems somewhat counter-intuitive to me that anyone to whom it would occur to use such a, umm, system, would be within a thousand yards of a female person who would entertain considering thinking about having sex with them, in this or any number of other universes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oh Christ. I suppose it was only a matter of time before the PUA and red-pill creeps tried to go digital.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

It's all so evolved.

Could I have a freaky good looking 20/30 something who can throw the Dyson round a bit ?

Not a euphemism btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

somefeen wrote: »
    Pity I live in cork :(

I pity anyone who lives in Cork.

Grayson wrote: »
    Whereas for Irish people the advert would be the same for both people, Go make the tea.

"The kettle's on". The three most erotic words in the language.

Also an excellent excuse for a quick getaway. "Sorry, I have to go in a minute, the kettles on". Or if more urgency is required "Sorry, have to dash, kettle's boiled".

Tea. There really is nothing it can't do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

"The kettle's on". The three most erotic words in the language.

Also an excellent excuse for a quick getaway. "Sorry, I have to go in a minute, the kettles on". Or if more urgency is required "Sorry, have to dash, kettle's boiled".

Tea. There really is nothing it can't do.

Only if it's Barry's!

Oh look cat's here, pigeons all over the place!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

jimgoose wrote: »
    It seems somewhat counter-intuitive to me that anyone to whom it would occur to use such a, umm, system, would be within a thousand yards of a female person who would entertain considering thinking about having sex with them, in this or any number of other universes. :pac:

They might use on a girl that has 'friend-zoned' them.

Only if it's Barry's!

Oh look cat's here, pigeons all over the place!!!!

Barry's > Lyons.
    Batchelors > Heinz
    King > Tayto
    Chef > Heinz (again)

...IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

verycool wrote: »
    Barry's > Lyons.
    Batchelors > Heinz
    King > Tayto
    Chef > Heinz (again)

...IMO!

You're being played! There is no spoon! Take the Red Pill maaaaan!! Joe Murphy bought King Crisps back in 1972, Tayto and King are made by the same people. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Barry's can go and ****e. No time for it after those horrible smug 'is this a date?' 'I don't know, is it?' adverts.

jimgoose wrote: »
    You're being played! There is no spoon! Take the Red Pill maaaaan!! Joe Murphy bought King Crisps back in 1972, Tayto and King are made by the same people. :D

I know... but they just taste better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

somefeen wrote: »
    All I know is that people in Kildare are making 1,000 a day using one simple trick. Pity I live in cork :(

I know that I have to stop eating This One Food at night if I want to have a long life, but I also afraid to follow the junk links.
    So which is more risky?

• Advertisement
Advertisement