Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photowalk - Sat 1st Dec (Booklaunch day)

Options
  • 23-11-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

This is being run in conjunction with the Boards Photobook Launch (which takes place in DCC that night, all are welcome).
    This walk is open to everyone with a camera.
    • You DON'T have to be going to the book launch.
    • You DON'T have to have a photo in the book.
    • You DON'T need to know what all the settings on your camera do (hell I don't know half of mine, I just organise walks)
    • You DON'T have to start at the start, just text me when you are in the city/nearby
    Start Time: 1pm
    Start Point: Bottom of Grafton St / Molly Malone Statue end
    Going to:
    - National Library of Ireland (Nassau to Kildare street)
    - St. Stephen’s Green
    - National Museum of Ireland (History, Merrion St)
    - Merrion Square
    - Westland Row (Pearse St Train Station)
    - Trinity College (Through Pearse St entrance)
    - College Green to Dame Lane
    - Dame Lane (should be getting dark by now 4:30ish)
    - behind Dublin Castle (Chester Beatty Library)
    - TBC
    - St. Patricks Cathedral (night)
    - stumble back to Against the Grain (6ish)

Against the Grain is a small bit down the street from the DCC.
    The launch is at 8pm.
    • If you have any suggestions for deviations then please message here or PM me.
    • As said before - Everybody with a camera is welcome. You might want a Tripod for the dark/night part (but then you got to carry it throughout the day)
    • For people new to this 'Photowalk' idea - it is always free (well mine always are)
    • Tell me here that you will be along at some point so I can PM you my number, and PLEASE pm me back yours.
    See you there!

SideNote: Last year I planned in a stop for food/drink/seat as it is a long walk. I couldn't think of any place to stop this year that would be good for all, and this is where I lost a good few people last year. We are starting at 1 and it lasts for 5 hours. I will grab a seat along the way (in the museums/parks) and I suggest ye do the same.
    I will be having lunch in Porterhouse Central (Molly Malone statue) before the walk and will be grabbing dinner in Against The Grain after. You're welcome to join me for both.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

Tell me here that you will be along at some point

I'll be along at some stage.
    Be my guide, please. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i should be there as well. i'll probably get lunch in lemon beforehand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

It'll be December so I suppose it's ok then to do "the Twelve Pubs of Xmas" ::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    It'll be December so I suppose it's ok then to do "the Twelve Pubs of Xmas" ::D
    It would give you some interesting photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Thanks for organising. I'll be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'll be there :) Thank you for organising!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

A photowalk is a new concept to me so I'll more than likely tag along

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

it is always free ...I will be having lunch in Porterhouse Central (Molly Malone statue) before the walk and will be grabbing dinner in Against The Grain after. You're welcome to join me for both.

Thanks Will for the very generous hospitality. If you're getting the grub, I'll treat you to a drink afterwards

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Thanks Will for the very generous hospitality. If you're getting the grub, I'll treat you to a drink afterwards

Well that's my food and drink sorted. I'll regale ye 2 with stories of Tonka Toys used as roller skates in the 1970's and other such blinding anecdotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Tonka Toys for skates? Luxury. We used to have to draw our dinner on paper plates before we could pretend to eat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Wont make it :( working until 6pm........catch ye all at the launch.....over a Glass/bottle of wine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Thanks Will .... If you buy me a few chips I'll buy the beer for everyone!

That's really nice of you! So who's coming to the pub? :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'll try and get along to this. Might join you half way through the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

As always I tend to forget to give my number. 087 6242777.... See you all at 1. Or 12:15 in porterhouse central. Text me if you are goin to be there.

i'm going to be a little late, but i will text that number to find out where you all are when i get into town :D

was nice to meet those who were on the walk yesterday!
    cheers to sinisterdexter for organising it!
    here's some pics of mine from yesterday. some were taken after yis went into the porterhouse :D

http://pix.ie/905crew/album/455028

8A3D692ED41D45FDA28B8C8A1C6510AA-0000332953-0003090422-00800L-E4505619E844497E9771FF232FB97658.jpg

My selection of photos from the photo walk here

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There's a few of mine here

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Late as usual but here's a few that I took last Saturday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement