Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New inn Galway

Options
  • 23-11-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

My gg grandfather William Keane was born in Galway in 1866. His father was Martin according to his 894 marriage cert. however I cannot find martin or his supposed townland New Inn in Griffiths Valuation. Also where is New Inn in the census?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rox_88

As far as I can tell on the census it's under Knockbrack townland, Killaan DED. It's very small I'd try looking at surrounding areas if you don't see your family name.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 magzer

There is also a New Inn near Headford, Co Galway. I would contact East Galway Family History Society and West Galway Family History Society as they would both have local knowledge and would advise you as to which it could be.

Advertisement