Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Business Conference

Options
  • 05-02-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if it's worth to participate in this conference?
    I'm looking for opinion from someone who was there last year?

link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

this bit cracked me up
    In 2005 he was ranked as one of the 20 most influential business thinkers alive according to the Thinkers 50

so back before the crash he was "forward thinking" ...now he's preaching/teaching on how to survive in a recession.

I dont know about you but I've never heard of the "Thinkers 50" ....and while I'm at it ...what is an influential business thinker ...is it someone who forces you to do what they want in business (ie a bully) or is it someone who identifies and/or creates a trend in business ?

Personally I would say, if you have the time and money to spend .... go for it, it might teach you something (at worst it will allow you to network), but if your money is valuable (i.e. you cant afford to waste it) then I would suggest you avoid.

I have never heard of this prior to your post and would give the same advice for all these types of "conferences" .... if you have money to spend and time to spend ..go for it !.....and use it as a chance to network with likeminded people.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.
    Yesterday I got another email from them and they offering 'voucher worth €100.00 off any WeddingsOnline.ie annual package if you attend our conference.' :)

Regarding 'Thinkers 50'. I never heard about it, but anyways that 'business advisor' was listed in 2005.

I'm not going to participate in this conference, but still I don't know anyone who were there last year. I'm curious theirs opinion.

Advertisement